Friday, April 10, 2015

Hello Sunshine / A Flair For Buttons

Hey there, and Happy Friday! I decided to  use up some of my stash for this layout I created using several flair buttons from A Flair For Buttons.  This was up on the blog yesterday.  Sometimes I feel like I'm swimming in papers and embellishments, so I like to try and use up what I have to make room for some of the new collections.  For this layout, I used the Shimelle collection, Simple Stories Good Day Sunshine and some Plus One from American Crafts.  I mixed them together to create a fun and bright Summer layout.  Lots of these lines are still available in the My Scraps & More store!

You can see how I made this layout from start to finish in my process video down below :)

I started by adding some white gesso to fade out some of the circles on the background paper.  I used gelatos and watercolor to add some messy color to it before adding my paper layers under my photo.  I challenged myself to use what I had in my stash with these collections.  I've been wanting to use that #AHHH green flair button for so long, and it inspired me to make this bright layout!  I wound up using six flair buttons on this page...I couldn't stop myself!  They all matched perfectly.


Here's a close up of the green button and that beautiful rainbow striped one.  I love tucking them into layers or using them on top.  I just love all of these fun and bold colors together!  I think I've had those yellow glitter Thickers for a few years.  They look like they were meant to be on a Summer page, don't they?  Even though the Shimelle collection isn't exactly a Summer line, I still made a few pieces work.


I fussy cut "hello" from a sheet of the Simple Stories paper.  I just LOVE that rainbow gradient look....my favorite!  Isn't that sunshine flair adorable?  He was just the right touch for this part of my page...he rounded out the title.


I cut those hearts from one of the Simple Stories Project Life cards, and I popped up the snowcone with pop dots.  The green paper is from Plus One, and that green color is awesome!  I used one of the Sunburst Brights flair here...the yellow design looks just like a sun.


One last close up...I cut the sun out of a 3x3 Simple Stories card and used one of the fun brads and die cuts from the collection.  I also added some orange stitching around the page.  This beautiful blue sky and clouds flair is from the Watercolors set...just amazing how these all work so nicely with my design.


I hope this somehow inspires you to mix and match some of your old stash to create something fun!  I had lots of fun combining these lines together.  Pull out your flair and make them an integral part of your layout!  It's so interesting where we find inspiration sometimes....one little flair button started this whole page!

Here are the flair sets I used on this page:





Go HERE to visit the A Flair For Buttons shop, and here is my process video for you :)


Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I love the way you mixed collections on this layout Missy, and the Flair Buttons are perfect with the right colors!!

    ReplyDelete