Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Adventures in Sin City / The Cut Shoppe

Happy Tuesday, friends!  Missy here today.  I'm really excited to share my newest layout for The Cut Shoppe with you!  It's all about one of my favorite places to visit...Las Vegas!  I used three different cut files for this...Right On Target, Around the World Tags, and World Traveler.



This is what I call a "from scratch" layout...I don't start with a collection or anything specific.  Just white cardstock and some mixed media goodness :)  I knew I wanted to use the Right on Target circle cut file for these photos since they are of the High Roller.  It's a giant Ferris Wheel in Vegas that takes you up 550 feet into the air to see the city....a really amazing view!  So I wanted that big circle element on my page.  I added some silver foil to it....you can see exactly how I did that in my process video down below :)


I added clear gesso down first and then came in with some pink gelatos and watercolors to create the background.  I used the packaging technique again....which is fun and fast.


I did add some extra stitching after I took my photos...I can't help myself sometimes...haha :D  I have to go back and add something else.  I combined some alpha stamping with some silver glitter Thickers and some small Basic Grey alphas over some vellum for my title.


Here is the Vegas tag.  I cut it in white and then use some distress ink to color it.  I used some MME glitter tape to cover the star and then overlapped it onto one of my photos.  I added some tangled thread a few flair buttons from A Flair For Buttons.


Here's a look at the third cut file....I love the font of this and it's perfect for my photos.  Love how it adds the perfect touch to this part of my page!


Here's my process video showing everything from start to finish.  Hope you enjoy!


We have a team-up going on this week with The Cut Shoppe and Neat & Tangled...both teams are sharing projects made with both cut files from The Cut Shoppe and products from Neat & Tangled.  Go HERE to check them out!  Also, there is a discount code for The Cut Shoppe this week!  Use code TCSNT30 to save 30%!


Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. This layout is so awesome Missy! I love the touches of Silver that you added to the page!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this page Missy! We are traveling to Las Vegas in May...can't wait to see this!!! I love the addition of the foil to the target cut file! Perfect effect!

    ReplyDelete