Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Today You Were So Adorable / Shimmerz

Happy Wednesday, friends!  I hope your week is going smoothly and that you're getting in some quality scrapping time!  Today I'm sharing my latest layout for Shimmerz.  I used a very unlikely color combo here...shades of purple mixed with shades of orange.  I was inspired to create this background when I saw my photo.  I knew I had no purple patterned papers that would match it, so I pulled out my Shimmerz goodies and started from scratch.  All of the Shimmerz products I used can be purchased HERE in the store.  If you mention my name at checkout in "Notes to Merchant," you can score some free product!

I used a sunburst stencil and Vibez in Sunset Strip.  Then I used Plum Pudding Spritz to create some messy splotches.  I sprayed the liquid onto some plastic packaging and smudged it onto my paper.  It gives a great watercolor effect.  Next, I took a Dear Lizzy flower stencil and mixed a few blue shades of Vibez, Spritz and Coloringz and mixed them with Dazzlerz Sea U in the Mornin'.  I wanted a deep teal color, and mixing Blue Jeans, Sapphire and Heidi Ho Blue with it gave it the perfect shade.  I rubbed it over the stencil to create those funky flower shapes.


Here you can see where the pretty Plum Pudding creates this gorgeous purple/pink color.  I added a bit of Inklinz in Beets Me and a few splatters of Coloringz Pink Stilleto.  I love how it looks up next to the orange and blue tones.  I did machine stitch along the edges of the rays with blue thread.


I used these same products to color this wood veneer from Studio Calico.  I also added a touch of Dazzlerz Pucker Up Pink to it.  I rubbed some white gesso over it after it dried to tone it down a bit.  I mixed my title with some stamps and some old Remarks alpha stickers from my very old stash.


Here's a close up of the Dazzlerz...I love the texture and thickness of it.  I layered some tangled thread, a die cut and a flair button here as well (from A Flair For Buttons).


And one more shot of the left side cluster.  More thread, flair, die cut....also a wood veneer heart and an arrow paper clip.


I'm finding that the Shimmerz products are PERFECT for creating your own background when you have difficult colors or patterns in your photo(s).  It's easy to mix and match the colors together as well as mix the actual products together to get the perfect hues.  I really enjoyed creating this unique background for this picture of my little cutie!

Thanks for stopping by today...be sure to visit the store to see all the available products!

Have a great day!

Products Used:
Vibez: Sunset Strip, Jeni B Bleu, Blue Jeans
Spritz: Plum Pudding, Sapphire
Inklingz: Beets Me
Coloringz: Pink Stilleto, Heidi Ho Blue
Dazzlerz: Sea U in the Mornin', Pucker Up Pink

5 comments:

  1. Wow!! Absolutely beautiful!!! I LOVE the background - swoon! The watercolor, and drips and stencil - sooooooo gorgeous all together! ❤️ I'm blown away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous page Missy! I wish I could splash paint as you do, I keep watching your youTube's in hope a little will splash this way, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Pink and Yellow!! Love the sun burst and stitching Missy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely precious, Missy! Love the contrast of the turquoise stitching around your rays! Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete