Sunday, April 12, 2015

Love You / Hip Kit Club

Happy Sunday, everybody!  Is  April flying by or what?!  I need a pause...the days just keep on going and I feel like I'm standing still.  I need more hours in the day!

Ok...here's my layout share for today.  It's my latest layout for Hip Kit Club.  It was up on the blog last Tuesday.  I used the 2015 March Kits for this one, and I do have a process video down below showing how I created it from start to finish :)

I started with my photos.  I wanted to pull the pink and light teal color from them, so I began with some of the mint colored cardstock.  I did some plastic packaging work first and then created a vertical design with different patterned paper strips.  I wanted to add in pops of black and white, so the papers did that for me.  Once they were adhered, I covered parts with white gesso and then a pink gelato to add some pops of pink.


I stitched through the strips with gold and pink threads using different sized zig zags and straight stitching.  I used lots of little embellishments all over the page...Crate Paper chipboard pieces, Webster's Pages stickers, flair, and even the exclusive die cuts made just for Hip Kits.


The Pinkfresh Studio rub-ons adhered to the cardstock so perfectly...they are a great quality.  I used one of the Freckled Fawn cork hearts with an exclusive die cut here.  My title is CP chipboard combined with a shiny gold My Mind's Eye word sticker.


Here you can see the layers under this photo.  I used a Pinkfresh ampersand die cut, some vellum, a CP chipboard frame and then I added in this little banner sticker from Webster's Pages.


I overlapped the LOVE pieces and wound up gluing them down to secure them better.  Those cute diamond shapes are also from the CP chipboard sheet, and that's an Elle's Studio wood veneer.  I really love how the pink gelato looks over those paper strips!


Here's one more shot of the bottom part of the layout...so much dimension and texture going on!  My favorite :)


Be sure to check out all the available kits at the Hip Kit Club...I promise you they are amazing in every way!  I truly love how everything coordinates so well together.  It's all so beautiful :)

Here is my process video...enjoy!



Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous page Missy, love all the details and your use of color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous page Missy, love all the details and your use of color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous page! Love the layers and papers. Colors are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing as usual Missy! The stitching and detail is gorgeous and love that your photos show it all! Love all the subtle colors but created in your bold style...and she is a doll! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sigh. Yep. Still completely in love with this layout! The colors...the stripes...the splatters...swoon! Gorgeous! This is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the way you've made all those paper strips work for you, girl! Such a pretty palette, and the pops of gold are simply divine!

    ReplyDelete