Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Bellagio / Shimmerz

Hey, friends!  I hope your week is going well...mine is just zooming by.  Today I'm sharing what may be my favorite Shimmerz project I've made to date!  I made a similar layout using this technique for another design team several weeks ago, and I wanted to try it again using all of my awesome Shimmerz products!  I just LOVE how it turned out, and it was actually really easy to do.  This is something anyone can try if you want to try your hand at paints and getting messy without the fear of "messing everything up."

I have created  a process video for you to see exactly how I made this layout :)

Start by taking some white cardstock and all the Shimmerz products you want to use.  I used several different ones...mostly blues and greens.  I covered my cardstock with clear gesso and then used all the products to create a collage of color.  I used the plastic packaging technique, my brush, my fingers, a few stencils...and there was no rhyme or reason.  Just applying the color all over the page.  Once it was dry, I simply used a few different sized circle punches to make all those circles.  So now I have a mixed media background made from a sheet of paper that was impossible to mess up because I covered the whole thing with random color.  Does that make sense?  And the circles give it a "neat" look while still being "messy."


I stitched all those circles down.  Here you can see some texture.  I used Texturez in Patina through a stencil.  I added in a few random embellishments around my photos.  I used a plastic cup as a stamp to make those green circles.  To get that green color, I mixed a few liquids together.


Is this not the most gorgeous color palette EVER?  Oh my gosh....the blues and greens are just beautiful.  Thank you, Shimmerz, for being so pretty together!  Eeeeek!  I think adding silver thread just tops it all off beautifully.


Here's another shot of the layers.  I like that the circles don't lay flat.  Dimension is so awesome!  I love all the texture these products create.


I cut my title on my Silhouette in white.  I wanted it to look clean and stand out against the colors.


One more close up of the gorgeous color and texture...I can't say enough about how much I love the Shimmerz products!


Here's the process video for you!  Enjoy!



Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

Shimmerz Products Used:
Coloringz--Heidi Ho Blue, Well Blue Me Down
Spritz--Sapphire
Vibez--Hermit the Frog, Jeni B. Bleu
Texturez--Patina
Creameez--Ride the Tide
Shimmerz--Tickle Me Turquoise, Jilted Jade, Key Lime


3 comments:

  1. so incredible! the colors, the shine, the texture! swoon! just wow!! there is so much to look at and fall in love with on this layout!! love it all!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the awesome technique you used to create the circles Missy, and the colors are just perfect with the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the colours on this!! Absolutely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete