Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Almost to Vegas / My Mind's Eye

Happy Wednesday!  Today I'm sharing my latest layout for My Mind's Eye using the Hello World collection! It’s one of MME’s newest lines, and it’s just perfect for travel photos. One of our favorite places to visit is Las Vegas, and I always love taking pictures from the plane as we fly over the mountains and Lake Meade. It’s just an amazing view, and so I decided to scrap a few photos from the air.

I began with the “Beauty” Bonjour paper because it is pretty neutral. I wanted to add some mixed media to my background, so I used a stencil and some gelatos to create the plus sign shapes. I also used some distress paint and watered it down onto some plastic packaging and smudged it all over the background. I love a messy look, and that technique creates it. I chose a few patterned papers to layer under my photos and then used some smaller paper strips and various embellishments to finish it off.


I LOVE these shiny gold alpha chipboard stickers from the Niche line…they are perfect for this page! I combined the with some of the stickers from Hello World to create my title. I always think big and shiny when it comes to Vegas! I also added in a few of the Wood Veneer and Enamel Shapes.


Here you can see more of the mixed media work as well as the layering. I also used the rub-ons in the collection…they go on so smoothly! That glittery gold arrow is from the Niche “Fancy That” Stickers.


Here’s a look at the bottom cluster on the page as well as my journaling. I love to journal right onto my page if the design allows it. I added a fun brad next to my writing for a pop of that pretty red color. I love the Flair in this line, too….just adorable!


One final look at a few of the embellishments…the wood veneer may be one of my favorites in this line! They are all so cute and they stick very well. Here you can also see some of the new MME cardstock…there are a ton of gorgeous colors. I used the Deep Blue here and the Antique Gold in my paper layers under my picture.


Thanks so much for taking a look!  This really is a fun travel line, and I had lots of fun putting this together.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. wooooooow! i could get lost in this for days!! looooove all of the mixed media! and LOVE the plus signs!! gelatos! colors! splatters!! stitching!! seriously, this makes me happy! it's a WHOLE LOTTA happy on a page! i LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you added the plus signs in the background Missy!! Such an awesome travel layout!!

    ReplyDelete