Friday, April 17, 2015

Love Right Now + a Process Video / My Scraps & More

Hello and Happy Friday, friends!  Today I'm sharing my latest sketch and layout for our April Sketchathon going on this month on the My Scraps & More forums.  You are more than welcome to come join us!  The Design Team is creating a new sketch every day for you.  This is my second one for the month, and it's a good for using up paper scraps or those branding strips at the bottom of your patterned papers.

I used the new (and gorgeous) Amy Tan Rise & Shine collection which is available in the store HERE.


I actually based this sketch on one of my older layouts.  I liked it so much I wanted to re-create it again, so I made it into a sketch.  I used patterned papers for my background and used various paper strips behind my photo.  Like on most of my pages these days, I added gesso and paint to parts of the page and then used lots of fun embellishments.


Here you can see all the paper strips.  I wanted to represent lots of colors, so I chose solids and patterns in different shades.  I added gesso to parts of those areas and added gesso and watercolor.  I also added in some film strip washi tape, a few flair buttons and that arrow clip from my stash.  I also did some black machine stitching.


I LOVE these foam word Thickers and these clear see-through stickers!  These little circles were the perfect touch here.  I did add a bit of modeling paste through a stencil for a little extra interest and texture.


More paper strips, a foam heart, a die cut and a wood veneer from my stash...


Finally, here's a shot of the lower right cluster.  I used a yellow gelato to color that wood veneer tag...so easy!  My favorite part of this page is that flower sticker....it has watercolor effects on it!  Gorgeous.


I did film this process, so here's the video showing you how I created this layout.  Hope you enjoy it!


Thanks so much for stopping by!  Be sure to check out the store for all the new goodies available!

Have a great weekend!


6 comments:

  1. I always wondered how you did the lovely painted details in your layouts and now you came up with this wonderful video, full of clever and fun techniques... Thank you so much for this beautiful inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely process video Missy!!! Love that new Rise and Shine line :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the colors on this layout Missy, and the way the Mixed Media blends in perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete