Sunday, April 19, 2015

Meet the Cheeseballs / Hip Kit Club + May Kits Reveal!

Happy Sunday, friends!  Today I'm sharing my first layout for the Hip Kit Club using the gorgeous 2015 April Kits.  There is just so much stunning color going on in these kits...I just can't get enough of it!  I created this fun and goofy page that was up on the blog last Tuesday.  My husband and I are about as cheesy and silly as it gets, so this page represents that :)

Most of my "messy" factor is on that Just For Fun watercolor card from Heidi Swapp.  A pack of those comes in the Color Kit, along with a set of Prima Watercolor Pencils.  I used them to create that beautiful collage of color.  I wanted lots of colors in this, so I used a few pieces of patterned papers (all from Amy Tan Rise & Shine) and some of the Pea Pod green cardstock.  I cut those messy circles on my Cameo, and I think those are my favorite part of the design.


Here's a closer look at some of the layers.  I love mixing and matching my alphas for the title work, and both of these Thickers come in the kits.  I love that round wood veneer tag....the colors.....ahhhh!


As always, I added some machine stitching throughout the layout.  This is the bottom right cluster, and I brought in a piece of each color, combining paper, die cuts, epoxy stickers and chipboard.  That fun stamp is from Elle's Studio, and it's in the Color Kit.  I also added a bit of watercolor for some blue color.


This was so fun to make!  I show exactly how I did this in my process video down below :)


Here you can see this awesome chipboard frame that I used for layering.  I used some yummy gold thread for stitching...so pretty :)


Here is the process video....I hope you enjoy watching it!


In case you missed the reveal of the 2015 May Hip Kits, here they are!!  Full of Pink Paislee, Chickaniddy and more!!

2015 May Main Kit
2015 Cardstock Kit
2015 Color Kit
2015 May Embellishment Kit
2015 May Paper Kit
2015 May Project Life Kit

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a GREAT day!

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I so love this! The title is awesome! And I love the story behind it! The colors...oh the colors! So pretty! And I just loooooove all of the stitching!

    ReplyDelete