Monday, February 28, 2022

You Are the Best / Paige Evans DT

Hey there, friends!  I'm back with another layout for the Paige Evans Design Team.  I decided to do a throw back layout and use Paige's Whimsical collection that came out a few years ago.  The colors and patterns are perfection, and I could not resist making a fun rainbow hexagon design.  I used Paper 8 for the background with that gorgeous purple ombre.  I fussy cut lots of hexagons from Paper 5 and arranged them how I wanted them.  Once I had that decided, I pulled out some white gesso and added some to the lighter part of the background.  I needed to prep the paper for mixed media, and I used a few Shimmerz Paints to add some pinkish purples & a bit of orange.

I used a brush and a little bit of water with the Shimmerz to spread it around this bottom area.  Once that dried, I splattered some white acrylic paint and some Gold Glitter Spray.  I glued the hexagons down and machine stitched through them using metallic gold thread.  I added some blue thread in a few places to add a pop of color & texture.
 
I was excited to pull out the Rub-Ons from this collection...I hadn't used them in forever!  I added some sentiments in a few places and then embellished with lots of flowers.  I fussy cut several from Paper 14 and then added some that were stickers, chipboard stickers and die cuts.  I also wanted to use this shiny gold ampersand die cut just because :)
Here is where I added more blue thread.  You can tell that I added some adhesive foam under lots of the flowers to create some height.  Layering them also makes a big difference.
More flowers here on this side, too :)

I wanted to keep the top part of the page gesso-free.  I love how the white splatters are so bold against the dark purple.  And these colors are so pretty here.
I just love these beautiful colors!
I used some of the Mini Foam Thickers for the title.  It was the hardest part about this layout.  Sometimes I begin with the title and other times it's the last part I do.
More close-ups:



I hope this inspires you in some way today!  I had lots of fun making this one.  It was awesome to use an older collection and see it in a whole new way.

Be sure to check out my process video here:



Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a wonderful week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment