Monday, July 19, 2021

Summer Hello Lovely / Paige Evans DT

Hey friends!  I'm back today with a bright new layout for the Paige Evans Design Team featuring Paige’s Wonders collection and the beautiful heart from the Acrylic Stamps. I used Distress Oxides to stamp a rainbow of hearts and then cut them out to use as my main design element on the background. I positioned them in a vertical cascade and embellished with smaller pieces in a matching tone-on-tone manner. I used thick, smooth white cardstock as the base and I coated it with clear gesso first. I used a few blue Distress Oxides to create the blue watercolor effect. I scraped the ink pads right onto the paper and activated the ink with water. I love how this turned out!

 

I used some scrap cardstock to stamp the hearts on. I did coat it with clear gesso first so the Distress Oxides would run and blend as I added water to them. The intricate design on the heart Stamp is so pretty and I wanted them to look like they had been splashed with water. After I glued them down, I machine stitched through them with white thread. I sorted through all the Wonders embellishments and chose bits and pieces that matched the hearts. Here in the blue section I used some larger hearts from the Cardstock Stickers, small gold heart Puffy Stickers, a few hearts that I fussy cut from the Ephemera Die Cuts, and a piece that I fussy cut from the 2x2 Paper Pads. I found lots of really small things to use that worked perfectly with these colors. I love how the edges of the hearts pop up off the page.

I did the same thing on the upper section of the layout with the other colors. I layered in tangled thread and more pieces that I fussy cut from smaller embellishments. I also used a Banner Sticker here that matched the pink hearts. For the title, I mixed and matched. I used some of the rainbow mini alphas from the 8-Page Sticker Book to create “summer.”  I fussy cut “hello” from a die cut, and I took apart a Lollies sticker and used the “lovely” part.
One of my favorite parts of Paige’s collections is she always makes it easy to create a rainbow. I made this adorable little banner using the Puffy Stickers. I glued them down to some gold thread and angled it here under the photo. Behind the photo I layered white tissue paper and a few papers from the 6x8 Paper Pad. I also added one heart to the right side from the Chipboard Stickers. Finally, I splattered gold paint around the page and wrote my journaling using a gold metallic pen.
I love the dimension from the hearts...so easy to have the sides curl up off the page.  I added some adhesive foam under the smaller sentiments and words here on top of the hearts to give them them some depth.
Here you can see more of the dimension. I used foam under the title pieces as well.

This is the only chipboard heart I have left in this collection.  I love the tiny intricate pattern on it.
I took a ton of close-ups, so here they are :)




This was a lot of fun to make, and I hope it inspires you in some way today :)  I highly recommend creating a big design element with a stamp!

Here's my process video:


Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment