Friday, July 2, 2021

Day Dreamer / Paige Evans DT

Happy Friday!  Today I'm sharing my newest layout for the Paige Evans Design Team.  I used Paige's Wonders collection and her new Sun cut file.  I love making pool photo layouts :)  As soon as I saw the big Sun cut file, I knew I wanted to cut it on Paper 14.  I wanted that pretty white pattern to be the sun's center.  I cut it again on Paper 01 to create a layer underneath it.  

For the background I used thick smooth white cardstock.  I coated it with clear gesso first and then used some blue Shimmerz sprays to create a "sky."  I used Jeni B Bleu & Snow Way Man Vibez.  I also splattered some white acrylic paint and gold glitter spray.


I didn't want to cover up too much of the sun's pattern, so I layered some embellishments close to the photo.  I fussy cut some butterflies from Paper 12 and the 6x8 Paper Pad.  I layered in some stickers from the 6x12 Cardstock Stickers, the 8-page Sticker Book and the Banner Stickers.  I also used a mandala from the Ephemera Die Cuts.

I created a cute little banner from some of the scalloped Puffy Stickers.  I layered some Epoxy Phrase Stickers here at the bottom along with a "good day" piece that I fussy cut from a die cut.  I wrote my journaling using a metallic gold pen.
I layered some patterned papers behind the photo...these pieces are from the 6x8 Paper Pad.  I love the gold foiled dots!  I added a few more butterflies here.
Whenever I have a sun and clouds I tend to want to add some clouds.  I hand cut a few from textured white cardstock here and layered them in and around the sun.  I added a little bit of shading around the edges of them with a grey gelato.  I took it a step further and decided to create a little cluster here.  I cut a few words from Paper 12 and added a pink heart, a few stickers and some blue thread.
I added some adhesive foam behind the sun here, and when I tried to flatten out my page I accidentally bent the sun.  Oh well...haha.  It adds texture :D
I just love all this dimension.  I popped the bird up, and I think it makes all the difference.
I added some large yellow sequins around the edges of this mandala die cut...those are from my stash.
I tucked in a few tags here from Paper 12.  I punched holes in the tags and then tied in some cord.
Here are a few more close-ups of all the details :)



I really love how this one turned out, and I hope it inspires you in some way today!  I do have a process video here, so check it out to see how I made it.

https://youtu.be/RDF6N9Gzy5M

 

Thanks for dropping in, and have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment