Tuesday, April 6, 2021

This is My Favorite / Pinkfresh Studio April Challenge

Happy Monday, friends!  I'm back today to share the Pinkfresh Studio April Challenge over on the blog.  The color scheme is gorgeous, and the theme is GOLD!  Yesssss!  As always, if you join us, you could win a $50 gift card to the Pinkfresh Store!  Check it out:

Here is what I came up with.  I immediately thought of the beautiful new washi tapes for this challenge because they have gold foiling on them.  I have the Anemone Magic, English Garden & Joyful Bouquet tapes.  I started with those and cut a strip of each one on my manual die cutting machine.  I stuck them to white cardstock and it cuts easily.  I decided to create a gold mixed media background to enhance all the gold in the flowers.  I used some metallic gold craft paint and gold stitching.  I used bits and pieces from the two new collections Keeping it Real and Some Days.

 

I used a color photo strip and went with a sort of vertical design.  I layered lots of the washi flowers on both sides of the photo strip and then also tucked in some die cut flowers.

I used the packaging technique for the background, meaning I squirted some paint onto some plastic packaging, added some water to dilute it and then smushed the plastic on to the paper.  (I did use clear gesso first).  I also used a brush to add splatters using the paint.  Once that dried, I went back and forth with my sewing machine to add all that fun stitching texture.  Here you can see the shine on the flowers!
I layered some torn patterned paper, a few cut apart pieces & one of the large envelopes behind the photos.  I did pop all of that up with some adhesive foam.  Here you can see some of the die cut flowers and even puffy sticker flower down here with the washi flowers.  I also added some of the Essentials Jewels & Crystals around the page.
I fussy cut this cute circle from a patterned paper and popped it up.  In addition to the gold splatters, I used a few of the blue Ink Cubes to add some blue splatters.  I just smushed the pads onto some plastic, added water and then splattered it around like watercolor.
For the title, I fussy cut this piece from the same cut apart sheet.  I also machine stitched on that with the same gold thread, and I textured up the edges.  I just had to add this "good for the soul" sticker...it was too perfect.
I tucked in some of the die cut leaves as well as some tangled thread in a few places.
I took lots of close-ups, so here are the rest of them :)







I hope this inspires you to come join us!  Get out your gold goodies and make something shiny! I love how this turned out.

Be sure to check out my process video to see how I made it:


Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment