Sunday, April 4, 2021

So Much Fun / Paige Evans DT

Hello, friends!  Long time no scrap :)  I'm here today with a layout for the Paige Evans Design Team.  It's my first layout featuring Paige’s new Wonders collection and I couldn’t be more excited! It’s so colorful and full of beautiful patterns & designs. After staring at all the papers for days, I finally decided to cut into Paper 1 and create a background design using all of the bright mandala shapes. I also wanted to use the pretty yellow backside for my background. I used the mandala side from the 12x12 Paper Pad and fussy cut them all out and then arranged them on the yellow paper. I wanted a kaleidoscope of colors, so I filled the top part of the page with the mandalas and then created a smaller cluster of them at the bottom. I used a pool photo that pops against all those colors and I also used Paige’s Doily Stencil to add fun texture to the background.

Since I had so many colors in these mandalas to work with, I wanted to look for smaller embellishments from the collection to tuck in here and there.  I popped up some of the mandalas with adhesive foam to create some dimension.  I love that effect :)

To create this background texture, I first used white gesso on the yellow background. I used white to blend out a bit of the yellow and to create white space. I scraped modeling paste over the Doily Stencil using a palette knife in three places and let it dry. Next I sprayed aqua and blue Shimmerz over it and then sprayed lots of Jen Hadfield Gold Glitter Spray. I wanted gold shine on the page and this was perfect. I love how the color makes the texture from the stencil come to life and jump right off the page!
I added a few of the Cardstock Stickers in the bottom cluster of mandalas.  I popped them up and tucked in some purple tangled thread.  I used a metallic gold pen for the journaling.
I decided to go with a smaller title and my photo had the perfect open area for that. I stuck these Puffy Phrase Stickers right onto the photo and then machine stitched through them using metallic gold thread. I layered tissue paper behind the photo and a sliver of a darker blue paper from the 6x8 Paper Pad. I wanted a darker color to separate the photo from the background and this paper did that. I also tucked in bright pink thread.

There is a whole sheet of gold metallic mandala shapes in the Sticker Book, and I used a few of these.  I stuck them to white cardstock and then cut them out so I could move them around the page.
I just love looking at these bright and beautiful colors!
Colors + textures + dimension = my fave!
I didn’t want to add too many embellishments and I did add a few circle & metallic mandala stickers from the 8-Page Sticker Book and a few Chipboard Stickers. I also fussy cut another mandala from one of the 2x2 Paper Pads to add to the bottom cluster.
A few more close-ups of all the pretty things :)


 I hope you are inspired by this in some way, and that it gives you an idea or two to try on your next page.  Do you have this collection yet?  The possibilities are endless, and I can't wait to create with it again.

Here's my process video if you're interested in seeing how I made this:


 

Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment