Saturday, February 8, 2020

She is the Rainbow / Hip Kit Club

Happy Saturday, lovely friends :)  Here's my newest layout for Hip Kit Club!  I love it so much.  I used the 2020 January Hip Kits to create this fun rainbow design.  The kits are full of the new Pinkfresh Studio My Favorite Story collection, and my theme for last week was "rainbow."  So I fussy cut these rainbows from a patterned paper and arranged them on some beautiful soft blue cardstock.  I'll say it again...I'm obsessed with this month's Cardstock Kit!


After I arranged the rainbows, I lightly glued them down.  I wanted to add mixed media (surprise...haha), so I smudged a lot of white gesso down using my fingers.  I smudged it mostly behind where my photos would go, and I also smudged some over the parts where the rainbows overlapped.  I wound up adding in some matching flower die cuts, puffy heart stickers and tangled thread in a few places.


I wanted to keep this page light and airy, so I splattered some watered down white acrylic paint.  I also machine stitched on each stripe using matching thread and then ruffled up the edges.  I love the texture & dimension this creates!


Behind the photo strip I added some white tissue paper and adhesive foam.  I tucked in some of the Pinkfresh Studio floral die cuts & puffy stickers as well as some of the Crate Paper puffy heart stickers.


Once the gesso dried, I used the Lindy's Magical Powder Plumeria Pink from the Color Kit along with a few other pink shades from past kits.  I just wanted a bit of pink behind the photos.  It's a nice contrasting color against the blue background and all the yellow in the photos.


Clouds!  I love clouds, and I thought they were the perfect addition to the "sky" here.  I just grabbed a used sheet of white cardstock and hand cut these.  I used  my edge distresser tool to rough up the edges and added foam behind them.


I have a few more close-ups here so you can see all the fun detail:





I'm so glad I finally used this rainbow paper!  I had been eyeballing it for a few weeks and just hadn't had the right idea for it.  I had a lot of fun putting this together.  I hope it inspires you in some way!

Be sure to check out the process video HERE on the Hip Kit Channel.  My channel is STILL "being worked on."  I don't know how much longer I can deal with this...it has been almost three months since it was hacked.  I'm hesitant to start a brand new channel if there is a slight chance of getting my old one back.  I just have too many videos on there to just let it go.  We will see what happens....ugh.  Thank you for sticking with me while this gets situated!

Have a great weekend!


1 comment: