Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Lovely / Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Happy Wednesday, everyone!  I’m SO excited to share my first layout using the gorgeous Bohemian Dream collection for Cocoa Vanilla Studio!  It is truly mesmerizing.  I couldn’t decide which papers to use first, so I just used a bunch of them :)  I used a fun wonky heart cut file from my collection and cut it on white cardstock.  I added a bit of clear gesso before peeling it off the mat.  I used several patterned papers from the 6×6 Paper Pad to back the open hearts with, and I love how it turned out.  I used some gelatos to add color around all the hearts.  I just scribbled a little bit onto the paper, dipped my finger in a smidge of water and blended it.  I also used some ink sprays.


This gorgeous Abundant floral paper is my ultimate favorite!  The colors…the flowers…incredible.  I used it on the biggest heart.  I also did a bit of machine stitching in colored thread around each of the hearts to add some texture and interest.  Choosing embellishments was hard because everything is so pretty!  I created a small floral cluster up at the top with a circle die cut and also tucked a few flowers on the sides of the photo.  These are all in the Die Cut Ephemera pack.


Here you can see the beautiful flowers around the photo.  This one here is from the Chipboard Accent Stickers.  I also added a few sentiments from the Accessory Sticker Sheet.  My title is a Chipboard Title Sticker from the collection.  They come white and you can customize them in any color you want.  I used a pink gelato.


Here’s the flower cluster up top.  I added some adhesive foam and tangled thread under it to create some dimension.  How pretty is this navy blue color?  It’s amazing against all those brights!


Using the smaller papers is perfect for backing cut files like this.  Many times you can use small scraps to to this.  Some of these hearts are a little bigger, but the 6×6 Papers worked perfectly.


Here you can see the title.  Just add a bit of color and use your fingers to smudge it.  Instant ombre effect!


Here's one more close-up of these gorgeous flowers...I never want to run out of them!


I hope this inspires you to cut into this beautiful collection and make a fun layout!  I seriously could not cut into it for two whole days because it was just too pretty.  I’m glad I did, though, because I love how my page turned out :)  Be sure to check out my process video to see how I created this.



Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment