Monday, October 30, 2017

Always Take the Scenic Route / Hip Kit Club

Hello again, friends!  I'm back today to share a new layout for Hip Kit Club.  I used the 2017 October Hip Kits again, and they continue to inspire.  I'm loving these extra-large chipboard words from Dear Lizzy available in the Embellishment Kit.  They are definitely a focal point on a project.  To make this one stand out on my white background, I mixed some of the Lapis Dance Shimmerz from the Color Kit with some modeling paste. I used a palette knife to smudge a bunch of it horizontally across the center of the page.  I mixed in a little aqua spray to make the color a bit more turquoise.  This way the "adventure" word would just pop right off the page.   I centered it and then arranged my two photos above and below it.  I overlapped the title onto the photos since they both had some open space.  I did do a bit of gold machine stitching over the paint before adhering the title.


I jazzed up "adventure" a bit by adding some gold Color Shine from my stash and then going over that with a metallic gold gelato.  I scribbled down some color and smudged it in with my finger.  Look how pretty the gold thread is behind it!  I embellished a lot with leaves...mostly from Pinkfresh Studio.  I used chipboard, puffy stickers and die cuts as well as a few wood veneer leaves.


I decided to create a secondary smaller title around the larger one.  I found this quote on Pinterest and it was perfect:  "always take the scenic route."  I used some of the small blue Pretty Little Studio alpha stickers and combined them with the Pinkfresh Studio Gold Dipped wood veneer/metallic gold alphas.  They're gorgeous!  My journaling fit nicely underneath them. (They're in the Project Life Kit).


I tucked in some different styles of leaves under the edges of both photos.  They really have a Fall feel, and they look so pretty mixed with gold.  I added in some gold thread and did a big of fussy cutting from the roll of floral washi tape.  I added a few more Pinkfresh Studio pieces under this photo.


Here's the top photo...more of the same thing.


I love this big title!  It makes such a bold statement.  And you can color them in so many ways.  They take color very well.


Here's one more close-up...I really love how it all turned out.


I hope you all enjoyed this...it was fun to make!  I have a process video here for you....I hope you like it!



Thanks a million for stopping by, and have a wonderful week!


1 comment:

  1. To anyone who says scrapbooking is too expensive I say "Oh no Missy uses napkins from Subway and Walmart thread and her layouts are beyond beautiful!!" Thank you for being the "frugal" scrapbooker!!

    ReplyDelete