Monday, March 20, 2017

Beautiful Moments / Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hello again, friends!  I completely forgot to share my newest layout for Cocoa Vanilla Studio last week!  For some reason I thought had shared it...oops!  The Design Team has been featuring the beautiful new Wild at Heart collection, and I was very excited to make my first layout with it.  I used a lot of the chipboard pieces and chipboard frames. 

I am in love with this gorgeous watercolor paper I used for my background.  I love the gradient from a soft peachy pink to a darker shade...just gorgeous.  I created the word "moments" in my Silhouette software using the Impact font and cut it out.  I backed with white cardstock and then went over a lot of the area with white gesso.  I used some of my Shimmerz watercolors to add some variation in color to the background paper, and I also added some of the blue tones.  I used two black & white photos and overlapped them onto the big title.  I used some of the frames as layers behind the photos and then at the bottom as a cluster for my journaling.  I used a lot of the chipboard stickers as part of my title and as accents with those cute hearts.


I love how the gesso created some gritty texture here.  I added even more texture (and color) with some machine stitching under the title.  Here you can really see the dimension created from all the chipboard.  I just love that!  To really make my journaling stand out, I printed it on my computer and layered the strips on top of the small stacked frames.


Using frames as layers is a great way to use them....you don't always have to use them on top of the photo.  I must admit I'm quite in love with these gorgeous watercolor floral die cuts!  They seriously are so beautiful.


I love how the journaling spot turned out.  I used vellum instead of paper.  I layered in some tangled thread, a few die cut flowers and a sticker.


I tried to use my gold metallic thread for stitching, but it kept popping and breaking off.  I'm no expert at sewing, so I switched it to the blue thread and it worked better.  Again, you can see the depth here created by the chipboard.


Here's one more close-up of the bottom cluster area.


Here's my process video for this page if you'd like to check it out.  I hope you enjoy and get some fun ideas!



Thank you so much for stopping by today!  I hope you have terrific week :)

1 comment: