Sunday, December 4, 2016

'Tis the Season YouTube Scrapping Videos / Twinkle Little Star

Hey, friends!  Happy Sunday :)  I'm so excited to be a part of the 'Tis the Season 12 Days of Holiday Scrapping Videos on YouTube hosted by my good friend Audrey Yeager.  She's creating 12 holiday layouts & process videos for the 12 Days of Christmas, and each day a fellow scrapper is joining her.  Today it's me...woo hoo!  Our challenge is to somehow incorporate our number into our layouts.  I'm Day 4, so I used that number in a few ways.  My video is down below, or you can see it HERE.


Here is my layout.  I started with these cute photos of my daughter.  I knew I wanted to try and recreate the tree on her shirt, so I pulled out some ribbon from my stash.  I wound up not using any actual Christmas or holiday related items on this page!  My first thought was to use four ribbons to make my tree.  Well, I obviously used more than four...haha.  I just trimmed each piece smaller than the previous piece and glued them to a piece of scrap packaging.  I stitched through each one using different colored threads on my sewing machine.  Then I cut each piece out so I could move them around.  I used some Shimmerz on my background behind the photos and then layered in a big star die cut.


I love how the tree turned out!  I did use four flair buttons (from A Flair For Buttons), and here are two of them.  Again, they're not holiday related, but I love how they sort of transformed into having the Christmas feel simply because of the colors, the photos and the tree.  I embellished the tree with some phrase stickers from a Tim Holtz sticker book from Michael's.  I chose ones that fit the Christmas theme, like "miracles happen when you believe."


I used some MAMBI Project Life cards from Hobby Lobby for my layers, and they aren't Christmas related at all.  But the colors worked!  I decided to go with the star theme and found this big double star cut file in the Silhouette store.  I kept it white and used it as a big layer in the background.  I decided to use four paper stars to go with my four theme, so I hand drew three smaller stars on white cardstock and colored them yellow with my Shimmerz.  I used one of them for the top of the tree.


I used some small white puffy alpha stickers from Evalicious for my title.  I used a gelato to smudge a little bit of color onto them.  As always, I added some tangled thread in various places.  And this phrase sticker was perfect..."leave a little sparkle wherever you go."  She is a twinkling star after all...haha!


I did the same thing for the word "little," and then used some older white glittery Thickers for the word "star."  I used some Shimmerz and gelatos to color it.  I wrote my journaling under my title and added another flair to the left.


Here you can see that flair better.  I really love how this came together.  And I was proud of myself for creating a Christmas page without any Christmas goodies!


Here's my video.  From there, you can see the links to all the participating YouTubers in the description, so stay tuned through December 12th for even more inspiration!


Thanks so much to Audrey for having me join her!  And thanks to you for stopping by, reading and watching!

 Have a wonderful day!

1 comment: