Sunday, December 11, 2016

Hip Kit Club / Christmas Ornaments

Hey friends, and Happy Sunday!  Today I'm sharing what I created for our Holiday Projects week over at Hip Kit Club.  Making things other than layouts isn't my strong suit, but I  created these cute little ornaments to hang on our tree.  I decided to try and create little scenes using some of the goodies from the 2016 November Hip Kits.  I first started by punching 3-inch circles from white cardstock.  I did lots of fussy cutting from patterned papers, like the trees, house, bear and snowman.  I used the Shimmerz Dazzlerz & Coloringz from the Color Kit, a few cut files and several embellishments.  These didn't take too long to create, and they make cute little additions to our tree.


I fussy cut all these pieces from some of the Crate Paper Snow & Cocoa papers from the Main Kit & Paper Kit.  I used an older Hip Kit stencil and the Foiled Again Dazzlerz to create the effect of snow.  I covered the bottom half with torn vellum and machine stitched through it.  I added some foam behind the birdies.  I love how cute this turned out!


I wanted to create the idea of a snowy day on these ornaments, so I fussy cut this snowman from a die cut piece.  That tree strip is from one of the CP papers, and I sprayed some of the Coloringz Well Blue Me Down on the background.  I added some tangled thread under the snowman, added some foam under him and then came in with some exclusive phrase stickers and white pom poms.  Instant snow!


This little bear is just adorable, and again, I fussy cut him from a CP paper.  I added some decor to his scarf...that's from the exclusive die cut pack designed by Kim Watson.  I used some of the Coloringz Pink Stiletto from a previous Color Kit and then created a bulls eye stitching pattern.  I added some puffy stickers and this one was done.


I decided to use some of the cute little animals to make this one.  I wanted it to look like the squirrel was chatting away with the little birds, so I faced them in towards each other.  I used some of the Well Blue Me Down Coloringz again and sprinkled some Glorious Day Vibez on top of that.  I added torn vellum again to the bottom half and then stitched around the edge in gold.  Those three trees are from Irit's cut file set, and I had them lying around from a previous page.  I added in some of the Pinkfresh Studio gold acrylic pieces and an exclusive phrase sticker.


These are perfect for hanging on the tree!



I hope this gives you some fun ideas for making your own ornaments!  This would be a great activity for kids as well.

Here's the process video showing how I created these.  I hope you enjoy!


Thanks for stopping by, and have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment