Thursday, July 28, 2016

Friendship / Hip Kit Club

Hey there and Happy Thursday!  I'm back again to share my newest layout for Hip Kit Club.  I used the 2016 July Hip Kitshttp://www.hipkitclub.net/july-2016 again, and as usual, they are nothing short of awesome!  My theme for last Thursday was Crazy About Text, so I decided to create a big and bold title using lots of patterned papers.  I searched Pinterest and found this fun quote.  It describes this photo perfectly...my friends and me after taking my Body Pump class one night.  We are always acting silly, and we have such a great time :D

I went through and chose several of the papers from the Main Kit & Paper Kit.  I created the quote in my Silhouette software and then cut small 2x2 squares from all the papers and arranged them on my cutting mat.  It took me a while to arrange all the letters...I wasn't sure at first if I wanted the quote up top or at the bottom.  I finally decided to stack it up on the left like it is here.  Once I knew where my photo was going to go I did a bit of packaging technique with some Shimmerz.  I also did a bit over on the left to add some interest to that side of the cardstock.  I also did some machine stitching to add a bit more interest.


This is really an easy thing to do.  For me, the funnest part is choosing the papers to use.  There may be one small section of a patterned paper, so it's easy to cut a small piece of it for cutting a few letters.  This font is from the Silhouette store...it's called Handtastic.  I did outline all the letters with a black pen eventually.  It really made them pop right off the page.


I love how the black splatters look, and the blue & yellow Shimmerz turned out really nice on the background.


These hearts weren't planned when I designed this page.  When I made my first layout a few weeks ago using the exclusive Art Class paper designed by Kim Watson, I cut hearts out of it on my Cameo.  I kept the scraps, and so I just hand cut around the heart scraps and made these open hearts.  They made great layering pieces!  So I decided to tuck them in and around the photo.  I also used a few of Kim's exclusive puffy stickers and some black tangled thread.


I love this big chipboard piece from Becky Higgins here below the photo...it fit just right in that area, and I like that it's black & white and doesn't compete with all the other bright colors.


My journaling fit just perfectly down here, and I was able to add several die cut phrases here as well as some puffy sticker dots.


Here's my process video if you'd like to check it out.  I hope you enjoy!


Thanks so much for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. You are one mixed media queen! I absolutely LOVE the FUN title and all the layers and colors you added. Fabulous layout Missy!

    ReplyDelete