Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Adorable Little Face / Bella Blvd + Video

Happy Tuesday, friends!  Today I'm sharing my newest layout & video for Bella Blvd.  This is my second video for Bella, and I had such a fun time making it.  I wanted to "get messy" so I used these amazing Studio Acrylics from the Illustrated Faith collections.  Let me tell you...I absolutely LOVE them.  The colors are so vibrant, and the quality of the paint is fabulous.  I used a card to smudge the paint onto my paper, and the results were awesome.


Here's my page.  I began with white cardstock as my background.  I used patterned paper from the Just Add Color collection that was mostly white with tiny black triangles on it.  I adhered it to my Cameo cutting mat and then dabbed some of these paints on it.  I smudged the paint around using a plastic card and then let it dry.  It dried very fast because this didn't take much paint.  I created these flower shapes in my Silhouette software and then cut out several sizes on the paper.  The paint did not mess up my mat or my blade at all.  What I wound up with was these gorgeous multi-colored flowers.  I am in love with them!  They look complicated, but it really was easy as you will see in the video below.

I couldn't believe how perfect this color photo matched the color scheme of the paints.  I wasn't sure which one I wanted to use because they both looked great.  In the end, I decided to use both!  I went with the bright colored one since it almost seemed like a crime not to with the colors matching so perfectly.  I also used the black & white one since I already had black elements going on.  They both bring out the brights and darks of the page.


Here you can see the flowers and the paint.  When I designed the flowers, I did an offset on them so when they cut, I not only got the full flower, but also an outline.  I love how they look mixed together like this.  I used this Ciao Chipboard "adorable" piece for my title.  I didn't want to leave it white, so I used my paint brush and watered down some of the paints and lightly painted on some colors.  It didn't stand out enough against the background, so I wound up doodling with a black pen.  I started with just outlining the letters in black, but it still didn't stand out enough.  So I scribbled until it was dark enough to pop.  I finished the title with some Tiny Text Alphas.  I also used some large black enamel dots for the centers of the flowers.


Here is one of the open flowers...you can get an outline of a shape like this when you do an offset when you're designing in Silhouette.  I added some other flower shapes using some of the Clear Cuts & Invisibles, which are like transparencies.  I fussy cut some and punched some.  I also fussy cut some flowers from another Just Add Color paper.  I love the pops of black they give around the page.  I also used some black & white sentiment stickers and black tangled thread.


I think thread is an excellent way to add little pops of color.  This area here, for instance...I think it needed some extra blue.  Just tangle up some thread and there you go...easy!


Here's a closer look at one of the Clear Cuts.  These punch very easily, and you can also run them through your die cutting machine.  I'm still swooning over these paint colors....


Here's one more look at the title area.  These chipboard pieces are so versatile, and you can paint them however you want with whatever you want.


Here's my process video...you can see how I made it from start to finish.  I hope you enjoy and get some fun ideas!


Thank you so much for stopping by today!

1 comment:

  1. Love what you've done with those paints, girl! I love that acrylics are opaque and stay thicker than mists and/or watercolors. I've never used any of this brand before, though. Thanks for letting us know what you think. I'll have to give them a try.

    ReplyDelete