Sunday, May 8, 2016

Extra Special Capture / Hip Kit Club

Happy Sunday and Happy Mother's Day!  I wanted to share my layout for Hip Kit Club since our theme was all about Moms, and today is the most appropriate day to share it!  It went up on the Hip Kit blog Thursday.  I used the 2016 April Hip Kits to create this.

These photos are of me and my mom from back in January.  We were getting ready to go to the Dancing With the Stars Live Tour in Clearwater with my younger sister.  We had such a fun time!  I started with the Elle's Studio Little Moments paper as my background, and I added lots of white acrylic paint to it.  I wanted to try something different than gesso just to experiment.  It's definitely thicker and dries really fast.  It covered up a lot of the hearts, which is what I wanted, and it gave my paper a barrier for the watercolors I added.


I used the Shimmerz sprays from the Color Kit as well as some from my stash.  Once they dried, I machine stitched through a lot of the background.  I recently saw a layout by Paige Evans where she did a lot of background stitching, and that inspired me to do this. I used a few Project Life cards and pieces of cardstock behind my photos.  I also used some of the Pinkfresh Studio washi tape.


I just LOVE these Pinkfresh Studio acetate words from the Main Kit!  I love that they create different colors when you overlap them or place them over other colors.  I stacked these two and then added some of the Amy Tangerine Rub-Ons, a Shimelle metal clip and a My Mind's Eye wood veneer arrow.  I fussy cut some of the Maggie Holmes butterflies from patterned paper.


This is one of the Pinkfresh rubber charms...they are so cute and fun!  There are several shapes, including circles and little banner pieces.  I love how the stitching turned out here.


Here's one more close-up of the top right area.  I added another fussy cut butterfly and some tangled thread.


Here's my process video if you'd like to see how I created this page.  I hope it inspires you in some way!



Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great day!


1 comment:

  1. Such sweet pics of you and your mom, girl! Beautiful page! Really loving the acrylic title, and those butterflies look as though they're just waiting for permission to take flight. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete