Sunday, August 9, 2015

Maybe Some Girls / Hip Kit Club

Hey there!  It's me again...I'm back with another layout for the Hip Kit Club using the 2015 July Hip Kits!  I decided to go with a more specific color scheme of just blues and greens on this page.  I was first inspired by the Twisted Citron Distress Ink in the July Color Kit.  I pulled out the Mermaid Lagoon from the May Color Kit and went to work on creating lots of blue and green shades on my background.  I used the packaging technique without gesso this time.

I went through all the papers and embellishments in the kits and pulled everything blue and green.  I even wound up using that cute little chipboard scooter that I initially thought I'd never find a place for. I'm happy with how it turned out, and I just love these colors.


In addition to all the background ink, I used the Shimelle camera stamp from the June Embellishment Kit to create some abstract rectangle shapes.  I pressed it lightly so it doesn't actually look like a camera.  I also added some grid machine stitching with grey thread.  I thought this scooter went with the theme of my page, which was "Maybe Some Girls Aren't Meant To Be Tamed..." which is a quote I found on Pinterest.  I can imagine my daughter riding this down the road with her hair flying in the breeze :)


Here's a look at the layers.  The green cardstock was perfect.  I added in Crate Paper chipboard, October Afternoon puffy stickers and a flair pin, and Elle's Studio die cuts.


Another shot of the yummy background...I love how these colors create such gorgeous shades!  I used the fun OA roller stamp here, some of the OA puffy stickers and enamel dots, and even some of the Simple Stories washi tape strips.


Finally, here's a look at the title...a mix of OA alpha stickers and some gorgeous silver glitter Thickers.  I love the long title, and it suits the photo just perfectly.


Here's the process video showing how I created this page from start to finish if you'd like to see it.  Hope you enjoy!


Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Love this page and the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I would love to know the font you used for the word tamed. Also the brand of white paper you used! I loved this layout & video. I love all your videos.
    Thanks Lori henkel

    ReplyDelete