Friday, August 21, 2015

Behind the Curtain / My Scraps & More

Hey friends!  I'm sharing the layout I created for last week's Throwback Thursday challenge over on the My Scraps & More forums.  The challenge was to use papers and embellishments at least two years old and to use something really big on the layout as well as something really small.

I used the Fancy Pants Be Loved line from 2013.  I am loving the trend of hand drawing letters onto patterned paper and then cutting them out.  I roughly drew the letters of my daughter's name in five different papers and then went over most of the background with white gesso.  I added some gelatos in teal and pink and then added some gold Color Shine splatters.  Next, I machine stitched over each letter with different colored thread.


These soft colors are just gorgeous together...and the gold really accents it all.  I added gold stitching in various places, and I also added gold Color Shine to three of the smaller fussy cut hearts.  I pulled some word and phrase stickers from my stash to add around the page.


My "something small" was the tiny title.  I used the alpha stickers from the collection.  I also added some tissue paper behind the photos as well as some tangled thread.


I fussy cut these chevron arrows from one of the 12x12 patterned papers and then stitched through them.  I brought in some grey and white striped washi tape from my stash to add a bit of interest to the sides of the photos.


Here's another look at the fussy cutting and beautiful gold stitching.  I love mixing up the straight and zig zag stitching.


The last thing I added to the layout was flair.  I gave them each a little gold next to sit in.  I love doing this to add texture, interest and a pop of color.


You can check out my process video if you'd like to see how I put this page together from start to finish.  I hope you enjoy!


Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Wow this is soooo pretty and soft and modern-looking. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you fussy cut the letters I needed an idea for a title. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete