Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Still Us / My Mind's Eye

Hey there, friends!  I have a new layout to share today for My Mind's Eye.  I used the new Fancy That collection.  It's designed to be a wedding line, but I made it work for a romantic love-type layout.  If you love blush, black, grey and gold, this collection is for you.  This line was a challenge for me to use because I'm so used to bright colors all the time.  I do love the gold touches and the pretty blush colors...very classic, I think.

I did add a bit of distress ink to the background before adding my layers and embellishments.  I used quite a bit of various products here.  I used some of the 3x4 Journal Cards and a Photo Overlay for the layers behind my photo and only one piece of patterned paper.  The rest is chipboard shapes, rub-ons, die cuts and stickers.


I love these transparent photo overlays...especially the ones with gold touches!  They make awesome layering pieces.  And the Journal Cards are fun because they're already cut and great for tucking in behind a photo.


This line has some cute acetate die cuts like this Happy circle.  I added some rub-ons here as well as some stickers and chipboard.  I tacked it all down with some stitching.


Shiny gold is always a good thing, right?  I think so :)  I love how this chipboard looks layered together.  It made a great spot for the tangled thread and all these fun elements around the cluster.


One more close-up of the title area.  I combined some white Thickers with the gold alphas.  I love the dimension of the chipboard flower piece...thank goodness for pop dots :)


Be sure to check out the NEW My Mind's Eye blog!  It's still being worked on, but it's up and running now.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Have a great Tuesday :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow! This is just gorgeous! I love these colors!!! And you're right, they're kind of unexpected colors from you, but dang this page is still gorgeous! Loooooove all of the layers! Love the embellishing! Just beautiful! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow!! this is so soft and pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful use of the new collection, Missy! All of the soft colors are perfect for the theme of your layout!

    ReplyDelete