Sunday, May 31, 2015

Mini-Mower / Hip Kit Club + a Process Video

Happy Sunday, friends!  I'm sharing one of my latest layouts for the Hip Kit Club using the 2015 May Hip Kits.  I have been wanting to use the multi-colored striped paper from American Crafts since I received the kits, and so I used a big piece of it here.  I started with the teal background paper from Pink Paislee Citrus Bliss line.  It matches the AC paper perfectly.  I brought in more pink, yellow and teal with more layers of paper under the photo.  I added a bit of white gesso to the background after I adhered all the layers, and then I used one of the cute AC stencils and some modeling paste.  I wanted it to look subtle, and I love how it turned out.


The PP Citrus Bliss line is full of cute lemons and citrus, and I decided to use one of them on this page.  Since Paige is mowing the concrete (haha) I decided to go with the thought of "When life gives you a mower, you mow...."  That may be a far stretch, but it made sense to my crazy brain :D  I used my Tiny Attacher to staple the acetate piece on the side.


I added some vellum behind my photo strip and added pop dots under it.  That blue ampersand is from Chickaniddy Crafts, and I love the color.  I also love these black Thickers...they add just the right amount of black on the page.


Here's a look at the top of the layout.  More enamel letters, a few puffy stickers from Evalicious, and some Chickaniddy stamps.  I added in some of the AC washi tape, tangled thread and a random die cut I had lying around on my desk.


Here you can see the modeling paste.  I lightly traced around the letters with a silver pen to give them a little bit more definition.  I didn't want them to overpower the page, so it allows them to be seen but not more than other elements on the layout.  Aren't those puffy stickers so cute?  They're from Evalicious.


Those cute triangles are included in the Citrus Bliss ephemera pack...and they're clear acetate.  I created a little banner and then stitched it down.


Here's the process video showing how I created this page from start to finish.  Enjoy!



I hope this inspires you and gives you an idea of what you can create with the 2015 May Kits!  I do have another project for this week coming up tomorrow.

Thanks for watching!  Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Love the look of the gesso words, Missy! Such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete