Monday, October 14, 2013

Time Flies {My Creative Scrapbook}

Happy Monday, friends!  I know I posted all of my October Main Kit pages from My Creative Scrapbook already for our Blog Hop, but I wanted to re-post them individually and share the close-ups I have for each one. 

This was the first page I made after almost having a meltdown over the papers!  I opened my kit and my first thought was, "These papers are the complete opposite of my style!  What in the world am I going to  make out of these?"  Seriously...I had a freak out moment.  I'm just not the"romantic papers" type AT ALL.  This Bo Bunny line is full of clocks, damask patterns, script, birds...everything just scared me.  But I let it sit for a while and then went back through it all.  It hit me that I had some photos of Reese standing in our bay window...and that I could make something out of the window and shutter pieces.  Once I got over that hurdle, the page just went from there....and now I LOVE this page! 

The blue and white dotted paper worked perfectly with her blue shirt, and I added some blue to the script background paper using a stencil and modeling paste.  Then I went over it with a blue gelato.


I had no idea what I was going to do with these birds...and then they just decided to sit by the shutter and look in on my daughter :)  I added some cord...it reminded me of a bird's nest.


I combined a die-cut title with the Bo Bunny stickers and threw in a few stamped alphas.


These layered tags made embellishing a lot easier :)


More layering and a close-up of the modeling paste.


So here's what I learned from this kit:
  • Just because the papers aren't your style doesn't mean you won't like what you create.
  • Search for photos that will work with the papers and embellishments.
  • Alter papers to make it your own (or match your photos).
  • Add paint or mist to change up the color of something.
  • Work with the papers instead of against them.
  • Don't be afraid to try a line you're scared of....it's good to challenge yourself!!
Now that I've admitted my scrappy fears (haha) you can hop on over to the My Creative Scrapbook blog and order one of these kits...or one of the others.  There are several to choose from, and they're all wonderful!

 Thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment:

  1. I've had a couple of those freak out moments too, Missy!! And I think your tips are great! You really did a fab job with the papers and embellishments and they work with your photos so well! You would never know, that these papers and embellishments aren't your normal style because you used them perfectly!

    ReplyDelete