Sunday, August 4, 2013

More Simple Stories GDT projects :)

Happy Sunday, friends!  I wanted to share a few more of the projects I created for my Guest Designer spot over at Simple Stories.  I am still so excited to be the August GDT!  Here are two more of the six pages I created, plus a second card.  I used the gorgeous I Heart Summer collection.

I really love how this one turned out.  I started off by taking an old credit card and just smudging some paint around.  Using paint is a great way to get some background color down if you don't have any paper in the color you want.  I knew I wanted to add in some bright turquoise blue to pull out the blues in my photo, but none of my paper was that color.  Who needs paper when you have paint?  It does the job, plus makes it more interesting and unique because you never know what your smudges will look like until you drag your credit card through it :)


I added patterned papers and these cute rainbow colored arrow stickers.  I cut "sunshine" on m Cameo in white paper and painted it yellow.


This I Heart Summer line is filled with dimensional stickers, chipboard and fun brads...they make great embellishment clusters!


This page was super fun to make!  I pulled out a lattice mask and some modelling paste.  I added some blue paint to it to make it look like water.  It's so easy to mix up any color you need.  I have a bit of a rainbow obsession, so I had to use every color in this page as well.  I fussy cut the fishies and just layered in a lot of the patterned papers.  I threw in some clear dew drops to make it look like fish bubbles.


Don't they look exactly like water droplets?  Or fish bubbles?  They're just clear glass dew drop beads.  I've had them for years...I need to use them more often.


I love the big flair buttons...such a great and fun piece to use!


I've become addicted to hemp cord lately...I think I use it on almost all of my pages these days.  I bought it months ago to make craft necklaces for my daughters' Christmas gift event at school and one day I just decided to use it on a layout...and I never stopped.


This is a really simple card, but that's what I like about it.  Simple Stories makes it SO easy for you to make cards because of these pre-made pieces.  I just layered a few pieces of patterned paper, distressed the edges, added a washi tape strip, some letter stickers and a button.  Done!  And whoever receives the card will think it's adorable!


I hope these inspire you to break out the paint or modeling paste and stencils and get a little messy on your pages.  It's FUN!  And no one else will have a layout like yours because of  it :)

You can go HERE to see my full GDT post on the Simple Stories blog.  I still have two more pages and one more card to share in the coming week.  I hope you've enjoyed these so far!

And.... in case you missed my extremely amazing and magnificent news yesterday, I was asked to join the My Mind's Eye Design Team!  Yep, I'm a little bit proud and excited about it!  I have to keep going back to the emails and the posts to make sure I wasn't just dreaming.  It's such a dream come true!

Thank you so much for stopping by today.  Enjoy your Sunday!

4 comments:

  1. Oooooh love these! So much!! Congrats again on your GDT and on MME!! Girl you are rockin it!!!!! I bet you are on cloud nine :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all just amazing! I love your use of modeling paste. Makes me want to run right out and get some! lol Congrats on your GDT spot and a super Congrats on making the MME team! Very much deserved! You do fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you used the paint on both pages, Missy!! Both layouts are so adorable and fun! You really rocked this collection and your card is so, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missy, first off- CONGRATS on all your awesome news lately!! SO well deserved and I'm just so happy for you. Seriously- it's about time!!!! :) :) :)

    And of course your projects are amazing- I've always had such a love for your work :)!!

    xErin

    ReplyDelete