Monday, August 12, 2013

All About Being Beautiful (My Creative Scrapbook)

Happy Monday, friends!  Today I'm sharing two of the four cards I created for My Creative Scrapbook this month using August's Main Kit.  It's overflowing with Echo Park's Beautiful Life collection.  There is also a chipboard pack from the For the Record line, which is what I used as my centerpiece for this card.

I really loved the orange color, and I decided to throw in a rainbow mix of other colors with it.  I used a mask and some color shine to create the background.  I fussy cut the scalloped circle from a piece of patterned paper and coated with blue paint.  The little butterflies and green chipboard button were the perfect touches.  Simple and sweet without a lot of busy-ness.


I used a red cardstock as my card base here and then added one of the pre-made cards on one of the patterned papers in the kit.  Echo Park makes it easy for us scrappers...just cut it out and it's done!  I added in some butterfly stickers from the sticker sheet, a chipboard button and that's it!  Short and sweet ;)


I still have more to share from this kit, so stay tuned throughout the next few weeks.  Hop on over to the My Creative Scrapbook blog HERE and check out today's tutorial.  Then go HERE to see our DT gallery....and then go HERE to grab your own kit!  I promise you won't be disappointed.

Thanks so much for stopping by today and have a great Monday!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome cards Missy!! Love that misted chevron on the first one and the distressed edges on your second card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them both- so true to your bright, beautiful, happy style :) :)!!

    xErin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are so pretty! Love the brightness and butterflies! You are making that kit look good!:)

    ReplyDelete