Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Sketchy Thursdays & Bird is the Word

Good Wednesday morning! I have two layouts to share today. I finished the latest Sketchy Thursdays sketch, and I'm actually remembering to post it on time...haha! Talk about a challenge...this was hard for me because I just randomly went through all my loose paper stash and picked out papers that jumped out at me. It was hard to incorporate blue and silver here...but I made it work. I used silver ink for a few stamps, and I used silver trim. I really didn't have this color scheme in mind when I started, but sometimes layouts take on a life of their own and force you to do something you wouldn't normally do. Those wind up being some of my favorite pieces!







Here is the sketch:


I also completed the "WONDER" challenge at Bird is the Word. I know it's a lot of pink, but it just seemed to be the right thing to do here. I love how this turned out!






On another note, I'm being featured on Laurie's blog HERE...check it out! I'm honored to be in the spotlight here...thank you so much, Laurie!

Have a great day, everyone! Thanks for your visit :)

14 comments:

  1. Both of these are great Missy!!! I think the colors in the first look really awesome together and the second is just totally fabulous! I LOVE pink, so that one is right up my alley!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are JUST AMAZING!! I loveeeeeeeeee these! Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both very lovely. The bright colours in both LO's are great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are just awesome- I love your ability to use bright bold colors! I appreciate the closeups on the first one- love the cardboard and distressing. The pink totally works on the second- what a sweet photo~ my heart really goes out to you, Missy- your journaling is so touching.
    TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love both of your layouts. Gorgeous work! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketchy Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pages Missy. You are such a pro with the mists. Thanks for playing with Sketchy Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your layouts as usual! You have a way with bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing Missy
    tks for playing along at BITW
    xx
    Leila

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally agree that sometimes the things that take you out of your comfort zone give you amazing results (as you show here!) beautiful work Missy! Thanks for joining us at Sketchy Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the first layout! So much texture and dimension!!! Love the base on the pink layout and I'm a big fan of paper grids!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These pages are just stunning! Its easy to see you love what you do!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both Layouts are FAN FAB U LAS....
    THANKS So very much for playing along with US over @ Bird Is The Word..... ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both are Beautiful but I love the "wonder" page...it's SOO Beautiful, Missy!!! I love the results with the pink colors
    Thanks for playing along us at BITW!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Even though I'm not a fan of the pink colour, your page makes me smile, Missy!!! I love your masking on the background as well!! Thanks for joining us at BITW!!

    ReplyDelete