Thursday, September 15, 2011

ScrapFIT & Sketchy Thursdays BLOG HOP!

Hi, scrappers! Welcome to the ScrapFIT & Sketchy Thursdays Blog Hop! We have teamed up with Sketchy Thursdays to bring you a beautiful sketch to go along with our latest workout.

Here is the sketch you'll use:


You must combine this sketch with the theme of FRIENDSHIP. "F" is for Friendship -- Friends are family members we pick out by hand. Dedicate this layout to one of your special friends!

Here is what I created. Back in July, one of my greatest friends & I gave ourselves a "Harry Potter" challenge. We read all the books (again) together, watched all the movies (again) and then saw the Deathly Hallows Part 2 in theaters. The following weekend, we went to Islands of Adventure's Wizarding World of Harry Potter. We had a BLAST! If you're a Harry fan, you would LOVE it. I loved combining these photos with this awesome sketch. I created the background with chalk!




Since this is a special joint workout there are a few prizes up for grabs!

You can win this Haunting Halloween kit from our ScrapFIT sponsor Paper Issues.


by linking your layout to the Mr Linky on the ScrapFIT Blog.

Be sure to visit all of the FITgirls blog and comment on their Workout because one lucky random winner that leaves on comment on every FITgirls Workout #52 blog post will get this prize kit! You can get to each girls blog by clicking on their photo at ScrapFIT.


Once you do that be sure to head on over to Sketchy Thursday for a chance at winning a prize from their sponsor and another chance at a prize from commenting on the Design Team blogs!

This workout will end on Wednesday 9/21 an the winners will be announced on Thursday 9/22. We hope you will play along and remember you still have until the end of the month to play along with Workout #51.

14 comments:

  1. Such a great sketch, and a fun challenge. And I agree, the Universal Harry Potter area was fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is BEAUTIFUL!! I just love these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This layout is so much fun! I love all of the details! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous LO, Missy!! Love the soft chalked color pallet, and how you outlined your letters! ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is really stunning. your layouts always amaze me, but I had to look twice at that background. wow! love it!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never seen a chalk background, that is so cool! You get to control the color and shapes then. I really like the organic feel of the floss wrap, so original. I also went to visit Hogwarts last summer, it is a really fun place for a HP fan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The DH and I are great Harry Potter fans. I'm re-reading the books out loud to my son before bed, and he's loving it, as am I :). What a cool layout! Love the sunburst affect and how you arranged the photos with the journaling strips!

    ReplyDelete
  8. VERY cool layout - love the muted colours in the background, and how lucky are you to go to a Hogwarts theme park!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful layout, Missy. I absolutely LOVE the chalk colors and creativity on your layout page. The Harry Potter adventures look like a lot of FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful layout, love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. great page, and I love those letters!

    ReplyDelete
  12. FAV as always Missy! You did such a beautiful job with this!

    ReplyDelete