Saturday, July 16, 2022

The Flamingo / Paige Evans DT

Hey, friends!  Have you been checking out the latest cut file designs from Paige Evans?  She has recently released her 24 Days of Summer Cut Files, and I'm showcasing today's adorable Flamingo design.  I used Paige's Splendid collection for this.  I had the perfect flamingo photo to go with this cut file :)  

I first cut the design pretty large on textured white cardstock on my Silhouette Cameo.  I used thick white cardstock for the background, and I coated everything with clear gesso.  I duplicated the flamingo a few times in smaller sizes and cut them on a few different pink and orange patterned papers from Splendid.  I left the center flamingo white so I could jazz it up.  To do that, I sprayed it with a few different pink Shimmerz sprays and let it dry.  Then I smudged some white texture paste down and pressed some tiny beads into it.  I saw my scrappy friend Brianna Lepper do this recently and I just had to try it!  It created some amazing texture.  For the remaining flamingos I smudged some white gesso on them to create some dimension and then again smudged some Nuvo Glimmer Paste on them to make them sparkle.  I used my fingers for all this smudging, haha :D
For the background, I used Broken China Distress Oxide directly on the paper and added water.  I created a circle of blue to start.  I came back in with a few blue Shimmerz sprays and kept using a brush to move the color around.  I wanted a big blue circle to show behind and around the edges of the cut file.  I love the contrast of the blue with the pinks & oranges.  I arranged the flamingos where I wanted them, added adhesive foam to them to pop them up, and began embellishing.
These tiny beads are awesome!  I got them at Michael's, and they just stuck right to the texture paste.   A cool and easy way to get some texture :)
Here you can see the glitter on the other flamingos.  That Nuvo Glimmer Paste is incredible.  I wanted these large flamingos going in the same direction as the flamingo in my photo--facing in towards the center of the page.
Behind the photo I layered a piece of blue flower patterend paper and some white tissue paper.  I fussy cut some flowers from patterned papers and layered in some of the blue sequin flowers and some stickers from the 8-page Sticker Book.
I created a flower cluster here, added some thread an one of the Heart Shaped Clips as well as a Chipboard Sticker.  I did add some white acrylic paint splatters and gold ink splatters to the background.

I pulled some sequins from my stash to top the centers of the flowers.  I have a sequin collection from SpiegelMom Scraps--the best!
Here a few more close-ups of all the details ;)
I used the Splendid Thickers for my title, tucked in some dark pink thread for added texture and then popped in a Chipboard Sticker with gold edges.



I hope this inspires you in some way today.  I had a ton of fun making it!  Be sure to check out Paige's 24 Days of Summer Cut Files.

Here is my process video:


Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment