Friday, December 7, 2018

Happy For Christmas / Hip Kit Club

Happy Friday, friends!  It's the weekend...yay!  I'm back today with a non-traditional Christmas layout for Hip Kit Club using the 2018 November Hip Kits.  I like using pinks and golds for the holidays, and so that is where I began with this page.  I fussy cut some of the large flowers from one of the Heidi Swapp patterned papers in the Main Kit and used some of the Shimmerz from the Color Kit to paint them.  I used the Good Ol’ Summertime and Sunflower and added in a few other colors.  I also painted some of the leaves using some green inks from my stash.  My background went through some changes.  At first I tore some patterned paper strips and glued them down.  I covered it all with white gesso and then decided I didn’t really like it.  So I pulled up the paper strips, and they tore.  It left a really cool texture on the background, so I went with it and added more of the Shimmerz to it.


The fussy cut flowers turned out so shimmery, and I love how the edges curled up when they dried.  I tucked my photo in between the flowers, overlapping the leaves on top of it.  I also tucked in a few of the wood veneer leaves and pink acetate leaves.  I used an exclusive puffy sticker here as well as some of the acetate leaf stems.  This cute Christmas tree cut file is a FREEBIE!  I cut a few of them on vellum and layered them in.


Here you can see some of the fun background texture that I created by mistake…haha.  I used one of the large gold foam Thickers for my title under the photo.


I also used a few of the black clear exclusive stickers in a few places on the layout.  I really love how the dimension turned out…so many details popping off the page in different places.


Here are a few more close-ups of the details…




I finished the title by adding in some of the small exclusive puffy alpha stickers and then wrote my journaling in metallic gold.


I did add one of the Jen Hadfield dimensional stickers here on top of the photo.


Do you enjoy making non-traditional Christmas layouts?  Or do you prefer using red and greens?  I like to do both, honestly.  This one was fun to make, and I hope it inspires you!  I have a process here if you’d like to check it out:



Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a fabulous weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment