Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Beautiful Moment / Hip Kit Club

Hey friends!  I'm sharing my newest layout for Hip Kit Club today.  I used the 2018 September Hip Kits and the exclusive hexagon cut file (available HERE).  I decided to use the cut file as a stencil.  I first smudged down a lot of white gesso on the mint cardstock background.  I took the stencil and smudged a lot of modeling paste over it.  It created some really gorgeous bumpy texture.  Once that dried, I sprayed and painted all three Shimmerz Paints from the Color Kit.  It's magical to watch the colors run and blend around the paste.  You really can't mess it up...the mixed media does all the work for you.


Look how cool this is!  I love the blended look of the Shimmerz Mustard Seed & Cotton Candy.  I also used the Shimmerz Wisteria Lane, Well Blue Me Down and Miner Miner 49er from previous Color Kits.  I love the hexagon shape!


I used some tissue paper and a few Project Life cards behind my photo.  I used the beautiful Pinkfresh Studio Wood Veneer hexagons on the background as well as some matching tangled thread.


I used the same mixed media technique over on the right side to create a small cluster.  I decided to create a little banner with these PFS triangle sticker.  I glued them to some cord from my stash and connected it to both clusters.  I fussy cut those leaves from a PFS patterned paper.


I combined a Vicki Boutin Thicker with some PFS small mint alpha stickers to create my simple title. I added more fussy cut leaves and some PFS die cut ephemera here under the photo for more layering and detail.
 

Here are even more close-ups of all the awesome texture!







I take a lot of close-ups...haha!  I hope this gives you some fun ideas to try.  Creating your own stencil from a cut file is really fun, and you can control the size.  I can even use my cut file again; the modeling paste did not ruin it at all.

Be sure to check out my process video:



Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a fabulous day!


No comments:

Post a Comment