Thursday, September 27, 2018

Amazing / Hip Kit Club

Happy Thursday, friends!  I'm back today to share my newest layout for Hip Kit Club.  I used the 2018 September Hip Kits as well as one of the exclusive cut files.  I was first inspired by the beautiful floral clusters on one of the Pinkfresh Studio papers.  I had to fussy cut them right away and arrange them on the sides of the cut file.  I knew I wanted to tuck my photo into the big A and embellish around it.  Using a large cut file and big embellishments like this makes a layout come together quickly because it limits where you can put things.


I have a ton of close-ups here :)  The Pinkfresh Studio papers made this layout beautiful all by themselves.  I layered in some of the matching chipboard pieces as well as some dark blue tangled thread.  I also fussy cut some of the gold foiled leaves from the Maggie Holmes specialty vellum in the Paper Kit.


I also used some of the Pink Paislee Auburn Lane Rub-Ons here and there...they matched perfectly.  I also used some of the PFS Enamel Dots and Phrase Stickers.


I have a huge crush on vellum...especially shapes like leaves on this Maggie Holmes vellum.  They add just the right amount of detail and they tuck in under things very well.  Here I added in some pink thread, a few Phrase Stickers and some Die Cut Ephemera (all from Pinkfresh Studio).


Here I used another rub-on and sticker, and I added my journaling underneath the cut file using a gold metallic pen.


Here are a few more close-ups of all the details :)



About the background:  I did NOT use any gesso...I know, shocker.  I used a brayer to "roll" the color on.  I used some of the thick white smooth cardstock from the Cardstock Kit as my background.  I sprayed some of the Shimmerz sprays from the Color Kit onto some plastic and then rolled the brayer through it.  I just rolled it back and forth across the paper, and it creates a thin layer of color.  My paper didn't warp at all since not a lot of liquid was used.  If I had planned on blending and smudging the colors, I would've used gesso.



I hope this inspires you in some way...it was a ton of fun to create :)  Be sure to check out my process video to see exactly how I put this together.



Thanks so much for stopping by, and I'll see you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment