Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Egg Toss / Hip Kit Club

Hello again, lovely friends :)  I'm back today with my newest layout for the Hip Kit Club.  This is my first page using the beautiful new 2018 March Kits.  Kimberly created this gorgeous egg cut file for subscribers, and I couldn't wait to use it on a project.  It's very intricate, so it took a while to cut.  I attempted to back it with patterned paper but quickly decided against that once I realized how long it would take...haha!  I opted to cut it using the beautiful marbled Dear Lizzy paper from the Main Kit, and I love how it turned out.  I added lots of color behind the cut file using the Color Kit, which contains the new Vicki Boutin Watercolors!



I wanted pinks, yellows and teals on the background, so I smudged some gesso down first and then came in with the watercolors.  I used some plastic packaging to smoosh the color around, and I also used my brush.  I love how it looks with the cut file on top!  I also used my palette knife to scrape on some of the Dina Wakley Lemon Yellow paint from last month's Color Kit.  I adhered the cut file and then machine stitched around it a few times.


I went simple with my title and used these pretty fabric print Thickers from the Embellishment Kit.  I fussy cut a few flowers from one of the Dear Lizzy papers as well as some butterflies from a Project Life card.  I love all this fun texture and dimension!


I love Spring photos, and these are of my youngest wild child throwing her Easter eggs around the yard.  She had no interest in finding them...she just wanted to toss them around :)   Here under the photo I layered a piece of a chipboard frame, a Maggie Holmes flower sticker and another fussy cut butterfly.


More lovely fussy cut flowers and some yellow thread.  I layered the other half of that frame under the bottom photo along with another Maggie flower sticker.


Here are a few more close-ups of the beautiful egg cut file just because I love it so much :)




I hope this inspires you in some way.  It was fun to put together!  Here's my process video showing how I made this from start to finish:



Thank you for stopping in today, and have a great Wednesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment