Sunday, January 28, 2018

Fave Moment / Maya Road Guest Designer

Hello again, friends!  I hope you're having a relaxing weekend so far.  I'm the Guest Designer this month over at Maya Road, and I created this layout using some really fun products.  I love starting with plain white cardstock and building a layout from that, so I decided to start my design with some of the Ken Oliver Vintage Trim.  It’s a very sheer ribbon, and it’s made to be colored if you want.  I used yellow, blue and green ink sprays and went to town coloring the trim.  I even splattered on some gold Color Shine, and the ribbon strips turned out so pretty!


I created a striped design with some black and white striped paper strips and the ribbon.  I cut the ribbon into strips and then sprayed each one with some blue, green and yellow Shimmerz sprays.  I added in some Heidi Swapp Gold Color Shine as well.  Once they dried, I lightly glued them down and then machine stitched through them.  I did go over the background with white gesso first before adding lots of watercolor.  I machine stitched on the background with black thread.


I used the Banner Steel Die from Maya Road to create those cute little pieces under the photo.  I cut them on white cardstock and then watercolored and stamped on them.  I tucked in a cute little clear banner sticker to add more pops of black.


I also layered in some of the Ken Oliver Yellow Lemon Waxed Hemp for an extra pop of color and texture.  I embellished with lots of stickers from MAMBI, Crate Paper and American Crafts, and that cute camera paper clip is from Evalicious.


This cute flair button is from A Flair For Buttons, and I added a black scalloped puffy sticker from Crate Paper at the bottom and top.

Here are a few more closer looks at all the details.


I hope this gives you some ideas to try with ribbon...this was a lot of fun to color and customize.  Thanks so much for stopping by, and stop back in soon to see another project I created for my Guest Design spot.

Have a great day!

1 comment: