Monday, July 31, 2017

Summer / Hip Kit Club

Happy Monday, friends!  I'm starting out this week by sharing another layout I created for the Hip Kit Club.  I used the beautiful 2017 July Hip Kits again.  I am truly blown away by how pretty everything is!  I played along with this week's sketch challenge.  I decided to use flowers in place of the triangles.


I love how this turned out!  I used the beautiful floral Dear Lizzy paper and painted in all these flowers.  It's in the Main Kit and Paper Kit.  I used the Prima Watercolor Confections from the May Color Kit as well as some of the Shimmerz from this month's Color Kit.  I also smudged the centers of them with a metallic gold gelato.  I fussy cut them all out and placed them around the page.  I used one of the Maggie Holmes papers for the background.  I coated a lot of that with some white acrylic paint and then used the watercolors & Shimmerz over it.


I was so pleased with the flowers...they look so pretty!  I blended multiple colors together to create different shades.  I didn't do too much  more embellishing because the page just didn't need it.  I used the flamingo from the Amy Tan On a Whim Sticker Book here as well as one of the Echo Park clear epoxy stickers.  I also placed some of the exclusive Hip Kit chipboard plus signs from the Embellishment Kit around the page.


You know I love tangled thread...haha.  I used that a few times around the page as well.  I tucked in a few of the Echo Park chipboard circles in a few places.  I used a Project Life card under the photo.


This Dear Lizzy floral paper is just gorgeous.  The flowers are really easy to color in, or you can just leave them black & white.  So pretty either way!  I stuck this flamingo on some white paper and then cut it out.


Here's the top area of the layout.  More flowers, chipboard and epoxy stickers.


I was really impressed with how all of the exclusives pieces coordinate together.  Seriously, everything matches and looks so good together!


I love this photo of Reese.  She just looks so happy and content :)  I tucked in an Amy Tangerine floral die cut here and an Echo Park chipboard circle.


I fit my journaling under the photo and added a chipboard sticker and a few epoxy heart stickers.


One more close-up just because they're so beautiful! :)


I hope this inspires you in some way...it was a blast to put together!  And I used only two patterned papers.  I do have a process video if you'd like to check it out.


Thanks so much for visiting me today, and have a great week!


1 comment: