Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Spring Snapshots / Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hello again!  I have a new layout for Cocoa Vanilla Studio to share today.  Our theme this week is Spring or Easter, so I decided to go with Spring.  I pulled out some of the Life is Beautiful collection.  It matches my photos perfectly.  My daughter was out running around and playing, so of course I had to get some pictures!

I decided to go with a large impact title, so I created the word "Snapshots" using the Open Letter Alpha cut file from The Cut Shoppe.  I used various patterned papers to back those letters and added some foam to raise it up.  I love the dimension it creates!  I went pretty mild with the blue watercolor on the background.  I used some blue Shimmerz to create a pretty sky color behind everything.  I embellished with some flower die cuts, wood veneer, a flair button and some fussy cut flowers.



I love how this turned out.  I tucked in a pretty flower cluster die cut in between the title pieces and then layered "spring" on top of it.  I cut that on my Cameo as well using the Shoreline font.  I added some blue tangled thread underneath the title, too.


I added another flower die cut here as well as a wood veneer flower and more thread.  I fussy cut a few smaller darker blue flowers to layer on top of the title.  I love that pop of darker blue.  Did I mention that I love this awesome dimension? :)


I added in a fun flair button here for another pop of that darker blue.  It's so pretty up next to all the lighter colors.


Sometimes I like to alter wood veneer and add some color to it, but these butterflies looked great as they were.  I like the natural color of the wood, and I like how it looks with all these other pretty light colors.


Here's one more close-up of the journaling area.  I added a fun little sticker down at the bottom and machine stitched through it with the same blue thread.


Here's my process video if you'd like to see it...I hope you enjoy it!


Thanks a bunch for stopping in!  Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Love your use of colors. And it defintely screams SPRING!

    ReplyDelete