Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Love Love Love This / Hip Kit Club

Hello there and Happy Tuesday!  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend :)  Today I'm sharing another layout for Hip Kit Club using the 2017 January Hip Kits.  I was inspired by one of the exclusive patterned papers...the one with the blue and white triangles. I decided to go with that shape and I cut several triangles out different sizes.  There are specks of orange-red and light yellow in the paper, so I made that my color scheme.  I tore a big chunk of white cardstock to place on top of my background paper, which is another exclusive paper.  I smudged a lot of white gesso over all of that...you can see how some of the plus signs are faded.  I used one of the cut triangles to trace some over the background, and then I used some of the Teal & Pink Heidi Swapp Texture Paste from the Color Kit to paint in those triangles.  I just added a bit of water to make it more liquid and painted it on with a small brush.  Once it all dried, I hand-stitched around each one with matching embroidery thread.


I love how all the triangles turned out.  You can really see the texture of the cardstock showing through the texture paste.  I place the paper triangles in random places and then machine stitched through the tops of them with white thread. I left the strings hanging just to add to the messy factor.  I also did a little bit of plastic packaging with some Shimmerz and gelatos and then added some grey splatters.  I also added in some of the exclusive washi tape and some sequins from last month's kit.


I decided to repeat "Love" three times for my title.  I used some of the Pink Paislee Moonstruck Puffy Stickers, the big One Canoe Two Hazelwood "love" cork piece and the Hazelwood "love" sticker from the Sticker Sheet.  The "this" wood veneer is an exclusive piece this month.  I added some tangled thread here as well.  For the cork piece, I covered it with white gesso and then used a gelato to add some blue shading to it.


Do you ever tear your papers?  I love tearing them sometimes, and I did that to this cardstock.  I like that it's uneven, and the way the edges curl up makes it look dimensional and fun.  I added some of the Hazelwood enamel triangles here and there, too.


Here's another angle...I really love how those triangles turned out!  I'm so glad I hand stitched around them...such a great detail.


I used some of the Project Life cards behind my photo for layering, and then I used a few pieces of the washi tape as well.  I finally used one of the gold metallic clips here, too.


Here's my process video if you're interested in watching how I made this.  I hope you enjoy and get some fun inspiration!


Thanks a bunch for stopping by!  Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment