Sunday, January 15, 2017

Best Weekend in Vegas / Hip Kit Club

Happy Sunday, everyone!  I hope you're all having a nice and relaxing weekend :)  Today I'm back sharing another layout for the Hip Kit Club featuring the 2016 December Hip Kits.  This is the first layout for the month that I used white cardstock as a background.  I was challenging myself to NOT use it all month....and obviously I caved...haha.  That's okay because in the grand scheme of scrapbooking, there are no rules, right?! 

I decided to start with using the fun arrows cut file that Tarrah designed.  I cut several of them using some of the papers from Take Me Away, Maggie Holmes, Echo Park (Main Kit & Paper Kit) and some of the lilac cardstock.  I arranged them on the background, adhered them lightly and then went over a lot of the page with gesso.  Next, I came in with a few Shimmerz Paints, including the Concrete Shimmeringz from the Color Kit.  I added in some pinks and aquas to pull from the papers' colors.  I created a fun layer behind my photo using some of the American Crafts glitter washi tape we received.  All I did was stick some to a piece of scrap cardstock and layered it behind my photo.  I embellished with some die cuts, tags, sequins, punched cardstock, Thickers and acrylic stickers.


Here you can see lots of texture going on, which I love.  I mixed and matched my title using Amy Tan Thickers, silver Thickers and black and white chipboard Thickers.  I love all the different fonts!  I created a fun cluster here at the bottom using die cuts from Take Me Away and a few fussy cut leaves from one of the exclusive papers in the kit.  I added a few sequins and some tiny confetti circles I punched out of the lilac cardstock.  Those gorgeous mirrored gold pieces are from My Mind's Eye.


Here's a better look at the gold acrylic stickers.  I just love how all these fonts look together!  Here you can also see that I machine stitched through some of the rows of arrows in a dark grey thread.  My journaling fit nicely under my title, so I added a few lines there.


To add color, dimension and texture around my photo, I tucked in a few Take Me Away tags and some fussy cut stems.  I added some tangled thread as well as more sequins, confetti circles and acrylic circles.


I love the way these arrows create such a fun background design element.  This was a fun color scheme to put together.


Here's a look at the top of the page.  I tucked in another little die cut piece here at the top.  I really love how the fussy cut leaves curl up on their own...makes them look a little more realistic :)


One more close-up of the mixed media work here...I love how this shimmery grey looks.  It pulls all the grey tones from the photos and the layered tag.  I never would've thought to put grey, lilac and gold together, but it happened, and it's so pretty!


Here's my process video of how I created this page if you'd like to check it out...I hope you enjoy!


I truly appreciate you all stopping by today!  I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend :)


1 comment:

  1. Your detailed article was incredibly helpful. For more on this topic, see this article. In some cases, slower reaction times may be an early warning sign of conditions such as Alzheimer's or Parkinson's disease.

    ReplyDelete