Saturday, June 18, 2016

One in a Million / A Flair For Buttons

It's the weekend...yay!  Happy Saturday to you, scrappy friends.  I have a new layout for A Flair For Buttons to share today.  I decided to do some stash busting for this page, so I browsed my shelves and found my container of Fancy Pants goodies.  This is mostly from the Be You collection from 2011!  Yes, I'm a hoarder...what can I say... :D  I pulled three flair from three different sets to use for this.

I began with creating my title using the Open Letter Alpha cut file from The Cut Shoppe and backing each letter with patterned papers from the FP collection.  I somehow lost the "a" and didn't want to re-cut it, so I just hand drew one in a cursive font and cut it out.  I pulled out this grey sheet to use as my background, and I love how it looks!  I usually go for white, but this was a nice change.  I pulled out several coordinating washi tapes from my stash and created a rectangle around my title and photo.  I did add a bit of white gesso around the edges of the tape and in side the rectangle so I could add some Shimmerz in matching colors.


I forget how awesome grey can be as a neutral.  These colors look so pretty up against the background, I think.  I added this fun heart flair to the center of the "O" and added some tangled thread under it.  Here you can see the watercolor work as well as some machine stitching around the edges.  Washi tape is so fun to use!


Here's another flair inside another "O."  I love these flair that are so general that you can use them on any type of project.  I love backing cut files with paper...it's such a fun way to get lots of color and pattern on your layout!


And here's the third flair. It's the perfect color, and it describes my photo :)  I added some papers and a frame under the photo as well as some thread and a sticker.


I love tearing my washi tapes...and I don't use them enough.  They are all from different manufacturers, and I have no idea who made what.  I do know the top one with the text is a recent purchase from Michael's.  The striped one is from there as well.


One last close up here of the bottom area.  I added my journaling to the bottom here and added a clear sticker under it along with more washi and sewing.
 
Here are the flair sets I used:




Thanks for stopping by today...enjoy your weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous layout! LOVE the bright colors, the different washis and the flairs!

    ReplyDelete