Sunday, September 27, 2015

Pretty / Hip Kit Club

Hey there!  I hope you all are enjoying your weekend!  I have another layout to share with you today for the Hip Kit Club using the ever-so-beautiful 2015 September Hip Kits!  I seriously can't get enough of these bright yellows and blues.  Did you know that if you're a registered member over at the Hip Kit Club, you get access to our FREE monthly cut files?  Yep...you can download them for free. All of these heart circles on this layout are from one of the August cut file sets.  I simply cut several of them in different sizes with various patterned papers on my Cameo and used them as my background design.

I started with white cardstock and a big chunk of the Dear Lizzy paper with the yellow hearts on it.  It's in the Main Kit.  I covered a lot of that with white gesso and then used a homemade circle stencil and some of the Lemon Zest Dylusions Paint (from last month's Color Kit) to blend in some bright yellow circles.  Next, I used some of the Lemon Twist Paint Dabber (from the May Color Kit) to add a few different shades of yellow, creating a messy watercolor look.


I used a few Project Life cards to layer behind my photos.  I don't do PL, but these cards are amazing every month!  They are made exclusively to go with the kits, so they match perfectly.  I did go around every circle with my sewing machine to stitch them all down.  I also used the same homemade stencil to trace some thin black circles around the page.


Okay, this is my favorite part of the design!  I used a lot of the Dear Lizzy Rub-Ons, and they aren't actually curved.  But when I held them up against the circles, the gave the illusion of wrapping around the circles.  I love how that turned out...they are just so pretty!  And I love the cursive font.


Now this "golden" rub-on I had to cut in half.  It was straight, and I needed it to curve under the circle.  Once I cut it, I was able to position it so it appeared curved.


I love how the layering turned out here.  I used one of the wood chips here and layered this beautiful blue bouquet die cut on top of it.  I heat embossed this "pretty" wood veneer piece with gold embossing powder to make it sparkly.  I did add some yellow paint to it first.


You can see exactly how I put this layout together from start to finish here in my process video if you're interested.  I hope it inspires you somehow!



Thanks so much for watching, and have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment