Friday, September 19, 2014

My Scraps Sketch #91 / Hello Happy Summer

Hey there, friends!  I have a very happy and bright layout to share today, and it's based on the brand new sketch over on the My Scraps and More Sketch Blog.  You can check out the sketch HERE, as well as the rest of the design team's designs.  There is quite a bit of fun inspiration :)

I wanted to scrap these cute pool pictures of my two girlies, so I used the Good Day Sunshine collection from Simple Stories.  I am in love with all of these rainbow colors!  I started off with cutting a large messy circle on my Cameo, and then I built the layers inside of it.  I wanted all the bright colors to be scattered all over the page, so I made sure to even them out.  I like the touches of black, so I added some India Ink and some black stamping.

And this the first layout I'm posting that has something NEW on it....well, new for me.  Machine stitching!  Yes!  I finally caved and purchased a sewing machine.  I was VERY surprised that I actually loaded it correctly the first time (thanks to a YouTube video!) and stitched on paper very easily the first time.  Turns out, it's not nearly as hard as I thought it would be!  I wish I had done this sooner.  I have always LOVED the look of machine stitching but was always intimidated by the process.  I'm still in the practicing phase, but I'm loving it!  On this layout, I just added a few yellow straight stitches and some zig zags for interest.  Since this page, I've stitched on every page I've made...haha!  I'm obsessed!


Love the hombre rainbows in this line...and there are a LOT of pieces that have it.  Just gorgeous!


Stitching....woo hoo!!  It's not perfect, but I think that's okay.  I just love the finished look it gives.  I added in a few enamel dots, brads and die cuts in the two corners.  I love stamping on transparency paper....so easy to cut and place it wherever you want.


The other corner...more of the same.  And more stitching!


I hope you join us and play along with the sketch...you could win the South of Market collection from Studio Calico!  And don't forget to check out all the new goodies in the My Scraps Store!   You can save 20% on your order this month.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. The stitching is my favorite part! And the ombre title and the cameras are so cool...never would have known you hadn't sewn before. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just totally ROCKS!! Love it all Missy ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for stitching! I couldn't live without my machine ;). This is so happy and full of life! Love all those fabulous, rainbow bits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fun circle in the background Missy, and all of the awesome colors! And your stitching looks amazing!! Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So bright and vibrant!! Loving this!

    ReplyDelete