Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Mama's First Sunroof / 123 Challenge Blog

Happy Wednesday, scrappy friends!  I have a layout to share today that I made just for fun.  I came across the current challenge over at 123 Challenge Blog, and I just had to create something to submit.  The bright colors are so me!  I don't remember the last time I created a layout to enter into a challenge...it feels great! For this challenge, you had to incorporate all three of these on your project.


I pulled out some of my Jillibean Soup stash for this.  I decided to go bright with the blues, so I used watercolors and gelatos to paint my own blue background on white cardstock.  This is my FAVORITE blue color!  I went with this busy and bold houndstooth background, but I toned it down with gesso and watercolors.  And the blue piece helps break it up.  I cut a lot of the cute circles from patterned paper, and the rest are just bits from the sticker sheet or ephemera pack.  I added in some vellum, stamping, buttons, tape and thread for extra touches.  I also used a few cut-aways from the American Crafts Plus One line.


I used lots of pop dots to create depth and make it easier to add layers and pieces underneath.  I also stamped on this vellum circle...I just love the look of vellum.


I stamped the word {awesome} and I cut up one of the little cards from the JS line.  Since I was enjoying some sun through my sunroof, I needed this saying on my page!  I mixed up my alphas...the yellow letters are JS, and the FIRST is from the set of JS alpha stamps.  I cut "Sunroof" on my Cameo and watercolored it pink.  Those pink splatters are from the Picked Raspberry Distress Ink over a Tim Holtz stencil.


I cut up one of the circle placemats and used it as a layer.  Thread is such a great tool to use...not only does it give wonderful texture, but it adds whatever color you need right in the spot where you need it :)


Thanks so much for stopping by today! 

7 comments:

  1. Aren't sunroofs fun? and what a great idea to scrap about it! Love how fun and bright this page it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun...Bright...Cheery! Super LO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This layout is so fun, Missy!! I love that pop of Blue against the houndstooth pattern! Such an awesome page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks wonderful.. you have used fabulous papers for the colors and great use of all the criteria for this challenge.. thanks so much for joining in at 123 Challenge blog this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Missy - this is simply GORGEOUS - awesome work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving your layout very very much!!! Thanks for playing along at 123. xxx Merry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bright colors they always make b&w photos look great. Thanks for joining in at 123 Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete