Monday, June 30, 2014

What Does The Fox Say? / My Mind's Eye

Hey there, friends :)  I hope you had a fabulous weekend.  Today, I'm sharing a layout I created for the My Mind's Eye blog on Friday.  I couldn't help but laugh when I first saw the Market Street Nob Hill collection...mostly because as soon as I saw the Chipboard Elements I saw the adorable fox.  I'm sure you've heard (over and over) the hilarious song "What Does The Fox Say?"  Well, there's a chipboard speech bubble that says that!

I have to say that the song was stuck in my head for a really long time.  My best friend and I spent many times goofing off to the song, and I knew I just had to record one of those crazy moments on a scrapbook page.  Call me cheesy, but these fun memories are the ones I want to remember.

I chose a crazy photo of us...no doubt making those insane noises from the Fox song.  I chose the Nob Hill Stripes paper as my background because of all the gorgeous colors.  I used gesso to fade out some of the brightness of the stripes so they wouldn't look so busy against the other papers.  Next, I used several colors of watercolors to paint rectangles.  I think it's fun to change things up like this...they almost serve as solid patterned papers or cardstock.  I built my layers on top of that, including a sheet of the song's lyrics.  Those crazy words you just can't explain, right?!


The chipboard pieces in this line are just gorgeous.  I love the really long script words, like this Awesome piece.  I layered it underneath the cute fox head.  Here you can see the green watercolor up close.  If you use some gesso over your patterned paper first, the watercolor really stands out.  I also used some of the label stickers, enamel dots and some of the Necessities metallic decorative tape.  That gold glitter is my favorite!


Gold chipboard hearts!  Oh my goodness...just so pretty.  I layered some of the Necessities alpha & word stickers on top of it with an enamel dot.  I love that they are ready-made words and separate letters so you can create your own words, like I did here.


The decorative brads are also very beautiful in this collection.  There is something for everyone here...even floral patterns.  I threw in some shiny gold thread here for some extra shine against the patterned paper and watercolor layers.


I hope this inspires you to check out this stunning collection...it really is gorgeous.  And you can do so many things with it.

Thanks for stopping by today, and have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. Such a fun layout! You totally rock this collection. Agree regards the chipboard in this one. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is not my most favorite collection, but you have totally rocked !!! Great layout Missy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL....such a fun page and love the moment that inspired it! That song is just crazy and it does kinda stick in one's brain! Love the layering and design....That title chippie is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete