Tuesday, November 5, 2013

My Creative Scrapbook November Reveal!

It's Tuesday the 5th, and that means it's reveal day for the November kits at My Creative Scrapbook!  I always work with the Main Kit, and this one is full of Fall goodies from Echo Park, Prima, American Crafts and My Mind's Eye.  Scrapping typical Fall photos is difficult for me because we live in Florida, and we just don't really have Fall weather.  We don't have the beautiful leaves changing colors, especially :(  So for my five pages this month, I had to get creative.  It goes to show that even though a themed kit can go in a totally different direction if you get creative :)

Here's the Main Kit:


Here is the first page I created.  The photo was taken in September, which is technically kind of in the Fall season...so I embellished with some Fall leaves and colors.  I added in modeling paste and blue paint to bring in some contrast, and I painted one of the Prima flowers.  The only other things not included in the kit are the cord and the stitching floss.  This is definitely a more muted color scheme than I usually go for, but I really like it...plus, she's very serious in the photo, so the colors match her mood.  And even though she doesn't LOOK happy, she is.  She has a leaf and that's one thing this kid loves to do is find the perfect leaf.  I think the camera being in her face made her look not so happy in the moment...but she was :)


I love these wood shapes!  I painted it to match, and it was really easy to do.  The wood just soaks up the color...it was just watered down mist.  And the Prima flowers also soak up color well.


Love the fun chipboard shapes and buttons, too!


These MME brads coordinate wonderfully...I really love these blue and brown ones!


Be sure to visit the MCS gallery and check out everyone's projects for the month.  Also, go HERE to check out the other available kits!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a GREAT Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photo of your girlie! And the layout is beautiful too!! :) Love the water color dripping from the bottom of the photo and the modeling paste, Missy!! I feel your pain with Fall, since we are on the edge being in Alabama. I always say, that our leaves usually go from Green to dead!! HA!

    ReplyDelete