Friday, February 15, 2013

Challenge Me Happy #40

Happy Friday, friends!  I hope you're doing well.  It's been a busy week for me, and I'm finally having time to sit and make a post.  Challenge Me Happy has a new challenge up, so I'm excited to share what I created for it.

Challenge Me Happy is sharing the LOVE on Facebook at the moment. Like our page, AND our sister page Crazy Monday Kits to be in the running for a generous RAK filled with scrappy goodness from your favorite manufacturers. Make sure you get over there and like both pages!

The new challenge is called “Annelie’s surprise”. Why?  It will be different each time, the theme will change. We hope you are up for the challenge :)  The winner of this challenge will win a paper pack from our February sponsor Maja Design! The theme is TYPOGRAPHY! Very popular at the moment. We have a photo to give you some ideas. Follow the photo if you want. but it’s more like a guideline to the exciting world of typography.


Here is my page.  I wanted to make these Christmas photos work for this...a stretch, I know.  But I was inspired right off the bat by the blue & white stripes (which I made red & white), the corrugated cardboard look in the title, and the cursive font.  I also liked the bracket shapes around the design.  So that's what I incorporated into this holiday layout.

I added lots of layers...I really love using cardboard!  I also used an old journaling stencil I've had for years and ran some modeling paste over it to create those lines.  That stuff is amazing...and it's so easy to add to a project.


If you'd like to join us for this challenge, head on over to the blog & check out what the other DT members created.  You just may win the prize!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. This seems like a fun challenge. The wheels in my head are already turning. :) Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of the inspiration piece Missy!! LOVE that cardboard!! I always like the look of the corrugated cardboard, but I'm too lazy to peel off the top layer! :) And those little Penguins are too cute...love how you used them to match the shirt!!

    ReplyDelete