Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Vegas Always Fun / Thermoweb

Happy Wednesday, friends!  I'm back today to share my newest layout for Thermoweb, and I just love how it turned out!  I've already developed an obsession with the DecoFoil.  Seriously...look at the shine on these stars!

I created those stars using the iCraft DecoFoil Transfer Gel.  It looks like a white, smooth paste, and I scraped it over a star stencil onto some Gina K. Designs white Premium Cardstock.  It's very thick and smooth and takes the paste really well.  After it completely dried, I laid some iCraft DecoFoil in Summer Rainbow (the pink and yellow gradient) over the stars and ran it through my laminator.  The heat transfers the foil onto the gel, and when you peel the foil sheet off, you get this gorgeous shine!  It's really a magical process to watch.  I did the same thing with a sheet of Turquoise Sea Fancy Foil from Gina K. Designs.  I fussy cut those stars out and then used them as my main background design.  If this sounds confusing, be sure to watch how I did all this in my process video below :)


Ack!!  Look at this!!  Amazing and so beautiful.  That shine!  My photo is of me and my sister in Las Vegas, so I wanted to create a very shiny and bright page to go along with it.  These foils were perfect!  For my background, I sprayed some mists in pink, blue and gold and then created some splatters.  I machine stitched three of the larger blue stars with metallic gold thread for added shine and texture.  I also used some flair buttons from A Flair For Buttons...more gold shine!


You can see how different the foil looks depending on how the light hits it.  But trust me...it's gorgeous!  I love that you can see the texture of the gel behind it...I used a palette knife to scrap it on, so every little line from that is going to show through the foil.  Here's another flair button and a few smaller stars.


I decided to continue on with the shiny gold theme and added in some metallic Thickers as part of my title.  I also added in some metallic gold thread.


I finished off the title with some gold glitter Thickers...you gotta have some glitter on a Vegas page, right? :D


I truly LOVE how this turned out!  You must try the foils...they are amazing and you can do so many things with it!  Check out my process video to see how I made it all happen.



Thanks so much for stopping by!  Check out the Thermoweb store and see all the foils and coordinating products available.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment