Thursday, June 1, 2017

Hello Paige You Shine / Hip Kit Club

Happy Thursday, friends!  I'm back today to share another layout for Hip Kit Club.  I just adore how this one turned out!  I used the 2017 May Hip Kits, and the star of this page is the Crate Paper Oasis Stamp Set from the Project Life Kit.  I LOVE them so much!  I used them to stamp a whole list of words that describe my little Paige.  I went with a vertical design for the words and then horizontal with my photos.  My theme for this day was to use 4 or more photos, so I created a crooked photo strip with a sub title area in the middle.

I covered most of the white cardstock with gesso before adding lots of watercolor.  I used the new Prima Watercolor Confections from the Color Kit.  I used a torn piece of that beautiful gradient Dear Lizzy paper behind my photos and added in some Shimelle die cuts as layers.  I embellished with some of the exclusive flower die cuts, wood veneer and puffy stickers.


I didn't want to add a huge title since I had all those words going on in the background, so I just combined a few things to create a small sentiment here in the middle.  I stamped "Hello" using the Vicki Boutin Stamp from last month's Project Life Kit and combined that with some of the small Shimelle alpha stickers, some of the light blue exclusive puffy alpha stickers and an exclusive wood veneer.  I added in a few more puffy stickers, some tangled thread and a few fussy cut flowers from one of the Amy Tan papers.


These stamps are amazing...I seriously love them.  I used some black Archival ink so the watercolor wouldn't smudge.  I love how this turned out!  I did some straight stitching under each word for extra color & texture.



I didn't want the words to be perfectly lined up, so I purposely made them crooked.  I also used black & white photos so I could bring in lots of color to the background.  Plus the photos had a ton of mismatched colors in them, so black & white just looked better.


I just had to use this cute little bird here and stand him on top of the photo.  I added some foam under it to give it some dimension.


Here you can see the dimension from the photos and embellishments.


Here's one more close-up of the center area.


I hope you enjoyed this...I truly loved stamping all those words!  I'll definitely be using this stamp set again and again.  Be sure to check out my process video here to see all the details :)


Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a fantastic day :)


1 comment: